Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Radio Stations

howie789

Radio Stations
« on: December 26, 2016, 07:00:30 pm »
Echo - on voice command - does not recognize some stations on TuneIn or IHeart. Is there a way you can save favorites or presets on your phone, so that on sound, if you want to access a station you just say "Preset 1, IHeart" or "Preset 2, TuneIn"...etc. The main appeal of Echo is you can control everything by voice, without having to access your phone physically.

Offline kevb

Re: Radio Stations
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 07:04:40 pm »
No, there isn't.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 07:05:22 pm »
Your question has been answered here many times (about recognizing requested stations) , so suggest you search the forums for previous answers.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:07:04 pm by mike27oct »

howie789

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 09:42:09 pm »
ok where is the thread, there's only about a million of them..i just got this thing and i didn't have any idea there was a thread on it..

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 10:07:07 pm »
Echo - on voice command - does not recognize some stations on TuneIn or IHeart. Is there a way you can save favorites or presets on your phone, so that on sound, if you want to access a station you just say "Preset 1, IHeart" or "Preset 2, TuneIn"...etc. The main appeal of Echo is you can control everything by voice, without having to access your phone physically.
It's possible Alexa does not recognize your voice intonation.  If you have not already done so, suggest that you go through the "Voice Training" setting through your Alexa app.

=========

Regarding "favorite" radio stations, go into your Alexa app>Now Playing.  Click on the "^" symbol.  You will get a drop down that will show the world "Favorite."

howie789

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 05:37:58 pm »
also, on voice only, it will recognize a station I say one day, but the next day, it will not. The sequence of what I say is the same...EX yesterday I said "Play Tune-In Station ESPN 850" and it recognized it. I say the exact same thing today, and it did NOT. Why is this happening?

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 06:49:38 pm »
also, on voice only, it will recognize a station I say one day, but the next day, it will not. The sequence of what I say is the same...EX yesterday I said "Play Tune-In Station ESPN 850" and it recognized it. I say the exact same thing today, and it did NOT. Why is this happening?
Did you go through the "voice training" as previously suggested?????

strayfish

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 04:16:47 am »

Did you go through the "voice training" as previously suggested?????

Voice training isn't enabled everywhere. We don't have it in the UK.