Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Music playlists

Offline xFlip

Amazon Music playlists
« on: December 20, 2016, 06:19:51 pm »
I don't usually use my Amazon Prime Music service but now I have my Echo I am struggling to understand how Amazon music works.  I have Googled for answers but am still puzzled.

(1) As far as I can see, the Curated Playlists and the Prime Stations offer much the same thing.  Does one suit Echo more than the other?

(2) Do I first have to create a personal Playlist within Amazon music before I can access it from Echo?

(3) Where does "My Music" fit into all this?

mike27oct

Re: Amazon Music playlists
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 08:51:00 pm »
OK, you googled, but have you checked Amazon's Help at the top of the Home page?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_ss_v3_ds_t4?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200127470

Offline xFlip

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 04:58:48 am »
OK, you googled, but have you checked Amazon's Help at the top of the Home page?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_ss_v3_ds_t4?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200127470

Amazon's help pages are surprisingly unhelpful.  They seem to assume that the reader already knows about these "basics" to do with streaming music, perhaps from Spotify or Deezer or whatever.  To be honest, I haven't worked it out in the past can't work it out and so I steered clear of playlists.  Until I got my Echo!

Any hints or tips?

mindmagic

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 01:01:48 pm »
Alexa doesn't seem to differentiate between an Amazon playlist and a personal one. "Play Playlist X" works in either case.

Can't help with the other questions, I'm afraid.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 01:20:40 pm »
Using Amazon music to make a playlist is tedious and time consuming (making any playlist one song at a time is rather a dumb idea on any platform).

I have lots of playlists I can easily make in iTunes -- 100 tracks-per-playlist of random tracks from my large digital music collection.  This takes one second to do in iTunes. I store them on the home server, so if I want to hear them on an Echo of any kind, I just play the playlist on a mobile device and send them via bluetooth of mobile device to the Echo device.