Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Software Version 2606

markv

Software Version 2606
« on: July 11, 2015, 03:07:01 pm »
I just joined the forum ("Hi Everybody!") and wondered how many of you have received the latest software update. (To check, open the Echo App, click SETTINGS at the left and then click on your Echo name at the top.)

I was having buffering issues while streaming Prime music earlier this week and submitted a problem report to Amazon. Got a reply from Brandon who confirmed they were working on a fix and sure enough the update appeared on my Echo in the kitchen yesterday evening. Seems to be working so far...

BTW, I'm a home automation developer and the Echo is a fun side project already semi-integrated into my system via a few hacks  :D

roadbug

Re: Software Version 2606
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 05:01:29 pm »
Mine has version 2606, I just received my Echo today so it probably updated itself sometime today after I set it up.
I was having problems earlier this evening with the music stopping and starting but I did some checking and it was the network.  Unfortunately that happens here now and then.

freethot

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 06:00:05 pm »
got version 2606 here... I just installed a new Echo this morning.. my first one arrived damaged in an undamaged box.. I pictured a packer accidently whacking it against something before sticking it in the box :/  When I informed Amazon I quickly got a very nice email in return.....Hello Gary,

This is Eric from Amazon Echo support. I'm so sorry that your Echo arrived damaged.

We'll be more than glad to replace your Echo and let you use the damaged one until the new Echo arrives! For security reasons, we ask that you contact us directly by phone at your earliest convenience so we can process your replacement.

You can reach Amazon Echo Customer Support by phone directly and toll-free at 1-877-375-9365. We're available from 3 a.m. to 10 p.m. Pacific time, seven days a week.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Eric                                                           The new one is now up and running flawlessly! :)

ScarlettPhoenix

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 07:50:21 am »
Welcome, Markv!  Glad you're aboard.  :)

Both of mine have the 2606 update. I was worried because the one in the bedroom got it before the one in the kitchen but it only took a day or so and kitchen Alexa caught up.