Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Diverting Amazon Music to an Echo

Snafs

Diverting Amazon Music to an Echo
« on: November 27, 2016, 10:00:47 am »
Whilst controlling something with your voice is great, and very Star Trekky :)
When it comes to knowing exactly what to say, and browsing for content, its hopeless without vision.

Just think in the real world how lost you would be without being to see things on offer.

With this in mind, you have Music Libraries such as Amazon Music Unlimited. Many many millions of Songs/Albums and playlists.
Without Seeing, or Searching Browsing/Discovering with your eyes, it can be a stab in the dark just asking for something by voice.

This said. If you have Amazon music open on a device. PC or a Phone/Tablet.

And you are browsing music. How do you divert what's playing to one of your Echo's?

mindmagic

Re: Diverting Amazon Music to an Echo
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 10:34:52 am »
Open Amazon Music through the Alexa app. You can then play it through any of your Echo devices.

Snafs

Re: Diverting Amazon Music to an Echo
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 12:34:48 pm »
Open Amazon Music through the Alexa app. You can then play it through any of your Echo devices.

Great, I finally found it.
I was looking in Amazon Music and not Amazon music via the Alexa App.

Works great thanks, however this has shown me some major shortcomings of using it this way.

1: You can't scrub thru a track. It's either Play, Pause, Stop and that's that.

2: When it comes to searching for music it's terribly limited, and really just a wild guess, it's mainly suited to YOUR music.

Just going to the music area and onto Artists, which are listed A-Z you can't even select say 'V' to jump to, but scroll down and down and down and down till you get to the 'V' section.

Lets say then you find Vangelis. He will be listed, but none of his tunes, you just touch his name, and every time you do, you get a random one of his tracks.

Pretty poor really for the app to be like this.

As I say, as long as you have added music to your library, then it's much more usable.