Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

How do I get Alexa to go to Tunein\

ksb

How do I get Alexa to go to Tunein\
« on: November 26, 2016, 01:17:18 pm »
How do I get Alexa to go to Tunein rather the IHeart when I ask for a specific radio station. (tune in has less ads)

strayfish

Re: How do I get Alexa to go to Tunein\
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 01:44:04 pm »
On my devices, Tunein is the default gateway between the device and the radio station I want so I only have to ask it to 'play [radio station of choice]' and away it goes. I don't see how it can have fewer ads though, as far as I know, it just creates the link, it doesn't affect the programme's content.

mindmagic

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 04:29:48 am »
On my devices, Tunein is the default gateway between the device and the radio station I want so I only have to ask it to 'play [radio station of choice]' and away it goes. I don't see how it can have fewer ads though, as far as I know, it just creates the link, it doesn't affect the programme's content.

Seconded. But you can try "play X on TuneIn" - I sometimes need to use that when Alexa gets confused.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 09:29:32 am »

Seconded. But you can try "play X on TuneIn" - I sometimes need to use that when Alexa gets confused.

This pretty much always works for me when nothing else will. :)
-Paul.

sdbpastor

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 07:20:13 pm »
I have tried all of these and can't get it to work. I am trying to play the "The Gospel Hiway" on Tunein. Solution Number to say that it can't find it on Tunein right now. But if I play Tunein on my iPad or Cell phone it work great so I know it is in Tunein.

Rev. Michael L. Burns

al2teach

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 09:33:13 pm »
did you make the station a favorite?

mindmagic

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 04:09:31 am »
You need to be very specific about the name of a station. Try adding a frequency number, or go to the website to see if it has another name.