Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

compatable devices

Pat NY

compatable devices
« on: November 25, 2016, 07:05:10 pm »
I have the following problem.I ordered a new echo (arriving Sat)tomorrow. My ipod is too old.I dont wish to use my iphone for this purpose I have the apps Alexa and pandora on my iphone.Mt kindle fire hd 8.9 is not compatable 2nd gen.
Can anyone suggest another mp3 player that will work Amazon suggested I buy another Iphone,Ipod or a newer Kindle which are too expensive I would appreciate any help
Thank you
Pat

Re: compatable devices
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 07:17:44 pm »
I have the following problem.I ordered a new echo (arriving Sat)tomorrow. My ipod is too old.I dont wish to use my iphone for this purpose I have the apps Alexa and pandora on my iphone.Mt kindle fire hd 8.9 is not compatable 2nd gen.
Can anyone suggest another mp3 player that will work Amazon suggested I buy another Iphone,Ipod or a newer Kindle which are too expensive I would appreciate any help
Thank you
Pat

you can always access it by computer.   alexa.amazon.com

DParker

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 07:20:57 pm »
I'm assuming you want something that will stream music to your Echo (though I could be wrong, as your post is not easy to decipher).  If so then anything that supports streaming via Bluetooth version 2.1 or greater should work.

Pat NY

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 09:35:45 pm »
You are correct in assuming I would like a device that I could stream music thru the echo.I would also assume any mp3 player with bluetooth I could mate to the echo Would that about sum it up.I thank you for the replies Hopefully that will take care of it.I apologize for my original post I sometimes run off at at the mouth and get carried away
Thanks again
Pat

Offline jwlv

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 06:15:48 am »
Echo is a stand alone device. You don't need an iPhone or MP3 player to use any of its capabilities. It'll play music, answer questions, control your smart home devices all without being connected to your iPhone or Android.

To setup an Echo you do need to use an iPhone or an Android device. Once that's done, you can remove the app if you like.

Pat NY

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 06:51:00 am »
Thank you all for your help
Pat