Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Can't set volume level with voice

Can't set volume level with voice
« on: March 17, 2020, 07:26:59 pm »
When I ask Alexa to set a volume level, it says "my media doesn't support that" This just started happening and is affecting my Dots, Spot and Echo Plus. I checked and I don't have the my media skill and it's not enabled on Amazon. I can ask Alexa to disable my media and it responds "OK" but the problem persists. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jerry

Re: Can't set volume level with voice
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 04:59:14 am »
what is the exact command you are giving to change the volume?

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 01:30:53 pm »
Alexa set volume to level xx. Everything is back to normal now. I have no idea what was going on, but it seems to have resolved itself. Thanks for the reply.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 02:53:25 pm »
that happens quite a bit with alexa.   it seems a lot of problems fixes itself.  makes me wonder if they are not doing enough testing of updates before releasing. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 12:25:22 am »
One of my many Echo Show 5's started to ignore my volume commands. I would say, "Alexa volume 6" and it would ignore the command. Unplugged and replugged, no difference. I ended up doing a factory reset and it started working correctly again.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 07:46:51 am by jwlv »

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 04:21:37 am »
One of my many Echo Show 5'S started to ignore my volume commands. I would say, "Alexa volume 6" and it would ignore the command. Unplugged and replugged, no difference. I ended up doing a factorY reset and it started working correctly again.

the opposite happened to me.  was having trouble with my kitchen lights and deleted the kitchen bulb but I was not paying attention and accidentally deleted the kitchen show.   too many devices named kitchen.   Now alexa will not respond to some commands after the reset.