Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Beethoven???

Polypam

Beethoven???
« on: January 04, 2018, 08:26:35 am »
I know the issue of playing classical music has been raised before on this forum - but I'm having a massive problem getting Alexa to play even the simplest requests for Beethoven's music - like play Beethoven's fifth symphony, or 3rd symphony - either she can't find it or she plays something completely different. I've sent dozens of feedback messages - each time I'm told someone will be contacting me soon.... but nothing. I contacted customer service, and let the lady on the phone listen to Alexa's response - she said it needs to be passed to technical dept and someone would contact me.... also that she'd ring me every day with update .... and ... nothing... no response. I upgraded to full music 7.99 instead of the echo 3.99 - hoping that would help. It didn't. I tried putting Beethoven's 3rd into a playlist - still didn't help. I'm fed up and thinking of cancelling prime music and trying Spottify - does anyone know if that's better? I know it's more expensive  but Amazon music is driving me mad  :o

asianrocker

Re: Beethoven???
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 10:05:33 am »
Interestingly I tried it on my genuine echo, I also have can't find Beethoven. But when I tried it on my fake alexa, LOL - ilive concierge with alexa built in - it did let me know that I need prime unlimited to play Beethoven. How much is unlimited anyway? I am a believer that best things in life are free. So I guess I will just youtube Beethoven if I feel like listening to it which is never, LOL.

But WTF, genuine echo product does not inform why they cant play Beethoven and 3rd party Alexa products can? Damn. Something not right there.

mindmagic

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 05:02:21 am »
I just tried "Alexa, play music by Beethoven" and had no problem at all - she started with the opening of the Fifth. Alexa and Amazon Music work on "songs" - individual tracks - and albums. A request to play an album in your Library usually works, but the safest way is to set up a playlist for "Beethoven 5". She does have problems with some composers' names, though, and i occasionally have to use the Alexa app to start an album or playlist.

Polypam

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 09:01:19 am »
Thanks for the replies - Beethoven's 3rd symphony is an album - there are lots of versions of it on Amazon music. However - I set up a playlist (manually - yes I actually had to type and move my sausage fingers around on a tablet) and now I ask Alexa to play that playlist and she does it. Should be easier than that though.. I'm thinking... or am I asking for too much too soon. I should be grateful for what I've got maybe... heehee