Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

no blue tooth recognition

cuzzzzz

no blue tooth recognition
« on: July 22, 2017, 09:10:38 am »
Hi.. have two Echo DOTS.  When I registered them (through Alexa App on my Kindle Fire), it went seamlessly through my WiFi router.. did NOT have to use the " Amazon xxx " name.  It seems registered, but I'm unable to connect with either DOT to a new blue tooth speaker I just bought... app says "no blue tooth device detected".  Is it because of not going through amazon xxx but directly through my wifi network name?  Hope I'm being clear.  Possibly it's a faulty blue tooth speaker.

Thank you,
cuzzzzz

Susoak

Re: no blue tooth recognition
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 12:59:42 pm »
I also have dots as i purchased 3 on primeday. This is all new to me also on forum and dot's workability.

When I purchased my dot  I purchased a Sony speaker that Amazon said would work with it. But time after time I could never get it to hook up to Bluetooth. I was so frustrated and my husband had a 808 speaker   And we tried that up via Bluetooth and it worked? So I was confused also as to what I was doing wrong when I kept following all the rules in the Alexa app and anything else I could read. So I really don't have an answer for you other than I had somewhat of the same problem .

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 01:45:22 pm »
I question if your Dots are really connected to the home network/internet.  The Amazon XXX signal is a temporary signal we connect to during setup to be sure the Dot is connected to the phone, or Kindle, etc.  You are then asked to return to your wi-fi settings of device using app for setup and select your home wi-fi signal your want the Dot connected to.  If successful, app indicates so, and the AmazonXXX disappears for good.

Other than for the BT connection issue, do the Dots seem to work correctly?

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 03:51:59 pm »
what is the model number of the bluetooth speakers?  does it have specific instructions for setting up a connection?