Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa not finding albums she should find

Alexa not finding albums she should find
« on: November 05, 2016, 07:59:50 pm »
I have a Music Unlimited subscription and I'm noticing that when I ask Alexa to play some albums, she says she can't find them even though they show on Amazon.com as being available to Music Unlimited subscribers.

Has anyone else run into this issue?
-Paul.

garyyoung

Re: Alexa not finding albums she should find
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 12:44:38 am »
I have a Music Unlimited subscription and I'm noticing that when I ask Alexa to play some albums, she says she can't find them even though they show on Amazon.com as being available to Music Unlimited subscribers.

For me this only seems to happen when the album title has words that are difficult to distinguish from similar-soundiing words. I couldn't get Alexa to play Secular Hymns by Madeleine Peyroux, for instance, because she didn't understand what I meant when I said "hymns." (IIRC, she interpreted what I said as "humans".) The problem went away, however, once I added the album to "My Music" in the Amazon Music app.

I wish there were a way to do voice training for specific words.

Maff

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 06:09:07 am »

Both my Echos have gone haywire in the last few days & getting worse. It started with her ignoring the wake word while playing music, and you had to shout when even playing very quiet music. This morning, she is misunderstanding pretty much every command. So frustrating as we use echo to control loads of stuff. Now it's cold we're using the heating, all we're getting is "I can't find meeting in you profile", "sorry, I can't find peter". Wtf? Many of the commands are total gibberish when you look back on what she heard in settings, and many items say "text not available". Something is going on behind the scenes, or a dodgy update.

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 06:13:00 am »

Both my Echos have gone haywire in the last few days & getting worse. It started with her ignoring the wake word while playing music, and you had to shout when even playing very quiet music. This morning, she is misunderstanding pretty much every command. So frustrating as we use echo to control loads of stuff. Now it's cold we're using the heating, all we're getting is "I can't find meeting in you profile", "sorry, I can't find peter". Wtf? Many of the commands are total gibberish when you look back on what she heard in settings, and many items say "text not available". Something is going on behind the scenes, or a dodgy update.

Try resetting your Echo with a paperclip using the pinhole button at the bottom. Re-connect it to WI-FI and see if that helps.
-Paul.