Echo & Alexa Forums

BBC Radio 2 not available on Tunein

felixxx999

BBC Radio 2 not available on Tunein
« on: November 05, 2016, 09:41:50 am »
I'm having a hard time getting BBC RADIO 2 on Tunein to play.  Alexa says it's unavailable, but I can access BBC Radio 2 on all my other devices.  Could someone try it with their Echo.  Ask, "Alexa, play BBC Radio 2 on Tunein" and let me know if it plays for you?

gillr

Re: BBC Radio 2 not available on Tunein
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 10:31:53 am »
Just tried it on my Echo, played it with no problem.
It also plays on Radioplayer.

AlanH

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 12:28:24 pm »
Playing OK for me this afternoon.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 12:48:52 pm »
It worked fine for me when I just tried it.
-Paul.

mindmagic

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 01:37:59 pm »
I just tried "Alexa, play Radio 2" and it was fine.

GruttyMan

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 12:30:00 pm »
I'm finding that while BBC Radio 2 and 4 play via my Echo Dot, both stations drop out frequently and eventually just seem to stop playing altogether.  This happens all of the time, making BBC stations pretty much useless to me.  Classic FM plays just fine.

The odd thing is that if I place my iPhone, which is connected to the same WiFi as the Dot, in the same location and use the TuneIn app on the phone, it streams all BBC stations flawlessly!

My guess is that the Dot is using a different set of TuneIn servers to the iPhone, would love to be able to get to a command prompt and use netstat to check!!

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 12:33:43 pm »
I'm finding that while BBC Radio 2 and 4 play via my Echo Dot, both stations drop out frequently and eventually just seem to stop playing altogether.  This happens all of the time, making BBC stations pretty much useless to me.  Classic FM plays just fine.

The odd thing is that if I place my iPhone, which is connected to the same WiFi as the Dot, in the same location and use the TuneIn app on the phone, it streams all BBC stations flawlessly!

My guess is that the Dot is using a different set of TuneIn servers to the iPhone, would love to be able to get to a command prompt and use netstat to check!!

I would call Echo support and report this to them and see if they have any solutions.
-Paul.

strayfish

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 01:40:32 pm »

Mine drops too - 6Music and Radios 3&4. Haven't tried 1 or 2. I'm trying to think if it also drops internet radio. Could be a TuneIn issue possibly and I'm wondering if there's another gateway that's better and could be made the default.

mindmagic

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 03:41:02 am »
I had trouble at first with Radio 4 dropping out. I've also experienced it on my Roberts internet radio, which goes through Frontier Silicon rather than TuneIn. I think there's a problem with BBC streams generally; i recently E-mailed them and they denied all knowledge, of course. But Radio 4 seems much better now ...

strayfish

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 04:09:40 am »
Sometimes it's a wifi signal problem but often it doesn't seem to be - or at least I haven't been able to isolate that as the issue. Early days, still figuring things out.

vinceecho

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 09:54:19 am »
Yes I get the same with Radio 5 live listening to football, starts off ok...then stutters and eventually gives up! But other internet radio stations seem fine....seems its a BBC thing.

Dasym

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 02:10:17 pm »

Yes, I get that too. I've found both stations are more reliable if I use the RadioPlayer skill.

mindmagic

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 05:17:15 am »
I eventually got Radioplayer to work, but I found it dropped out even more than TuneIn.

As it happens, Radio 4 hasn't given me a problem for the last few days (touches wood quickly).

strayfish

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 07:41:58 am »
Had internet radio (Radio Paradise, since you ask, and no, it's nothing like it sounds!) on all morning via TuneIn with no drops, not even when the microwave is on which always seems to disrupt BBC stations.

mozmagic

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 11:33:20 am »
Is anyone still having this issue?  BBC Radio 1 works without dropping out, but just in the last few days Radio 2 breaks up.  The dot works fine as everything else works.  Anyone else suffering from this?