Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

New to Alexa

New to Alexa
« on: November 03, 2016, 06:01:12 pm »
A couple of questions please before i order my Alexa
I want to be able to link to my AV amp ( Pioneer sc-lx58) i will need to get a Bluetooth receiver for the amp which i will then be able to pair with the Echo?
Or should i buy the dot ?
Also i run my tv as a monitor through the amp with a virginmedia box and dvd..
the idea is if i tell alexa to play spotify it will play through the amp and speakers switching directly from tv for example to the music...does this sound do able ?

Offline kevb

Re: New to Alexa
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 07:34:39 am »
If you want to play music through the pioneer, you will need a Dot. The Echo cannot stream to other devices.

Re: New to Alexa
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 08:23:13 am »
I don't understand exactly what you want to do, but the new Dot can stream via Bluetooth or be wired directly to an amp or powered speakers through a 3.5mm output jack, so it does give you a couple of options. It can only be connected to one Bluetooth device at a time, so you can't do something like stream from your phone through the Dot to Bluetooth-connected speakers. Hope this helps.