Echo & Alexa Forums

After set up??

Jazzman

After set up??
« on: November 01, 2016, 02:26:08 pm »
Possible stupid question but after you set up the Echo through your tablet/smart phone do you need to have the tablet/smart phone switched on all the time to use Echo?
  As an older person I am tempted to buy one of these but do not want to have to switch on my tablet/smart phone each time I want to use Echo.
  Thanks in advance for any replies

DParker

Re: After set up??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 02:30:32 pm »
Possible stupid question but after you set up the Echo through your tablet/smart phone do you need to have the tablet/smart phone switched on all the time to use Echo?
  As an older person I am tempted to buy one of these but do not want to have to switch on my tablet/smart phone each time I want to use Echo.

No, normal operation of your Echo/Dot/Tap does not require your mobile device to be on.  The Echo/Alexa app is only required when you wish to make configuration changes, view your command history and a few other operations.

Jazzman

Re: After set up??
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 03:56:26 pm »

No, normal operation of your Echo/Dot/Tap does not require your mobile device to be on.  The Echo/Alexa app is only required when you wish to make configuration changes, view your command history and a few other operations.

Thank you for your quick reply :) I will go ahead and get one, Thanks again  :)