Echo & Alexa Forums

Delete Saved Wifi Passwords

ucdscott

Delete Saved Wifi Passwords
« on: November 01, 2016, 01:57:10 pm »
Amazon has off-shored their support and they are useless. No less than four attempts to resolve what should be a simple fix has brought me here.

I want to delete my saved wifi passwords. Supposedly all passwords were deleted by Amazon support but when I add one of my Echos to a NEW wifi network and then turn off the NEW wireless access point, the echo automatically reconnects to the OLD wifi network - the one for which  the password was supposedly deleted.

Please help if you know how to delete all saved wifi passwords.

DParker

Re: Delete Saved Wifi Passwords
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 02:37:45 pm »
1) In your Echo/Alexa app open the menu and select "Settings".
2) From there, select the device you wish to delete locally stored passwords from.
3) Scroll to the bottom of that screen until you see an option labeled "Wi-Fi Networks Saved to Amazon" and select it.
4) Read the FAQ provided, especially #6 "How do I delete all Wi-Fi passwords from this Device?" (given that it sounds like you've already gone through #5).
5) Reregister your device.

RobertB

Re: Delete Saved Wifi Passwords
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 12:18:18 pm »
When you're logged into Amazon.com, click the "Account & Settings" tab (your name is on it), and scroll down and click "Your Content and Devices."

Now, on the "Manage your Content and Devices" page, click the SETTINGS tab on the right.

Click "Saved Wi-Fi Passwords" in the list.

Click "DELETE."

You should get a message that says "success!" and the delete button will grey out.