Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

timers with labeling

rocket888

Re: timers with labeling
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 01:53:51 pm »
Well, I found out how to get timers with labeling - buy the new google home device.  Such an obvious need for timers, so, maybe I will sell my echo so I can get the google.

Maybe google read my suggestion here, because they are saying you can say:

Set a 13 minute timer for pizza.

see https://madeby.google.com/home/features/#?filters=entertainment,answers,manage,plan,home,fun&feature=manage-tasks13

I don't know when this will be available, but I just love the competition. It will also answer questions in the same way that I can talk to my android phone. And it's got all the echo features and then some for less $$$.

So, amazon, listen to the hoofbeats and especially the users like myself who can tell you what you did wrong without getting so defensive.

Of course I will also tell google what's wrong with their product, like for example, I don't want to have to say "ok google".  Something shorter is definitely needed. But I will get it just for the timers. I also wanted to program the echo, but found their programming kit to be awful. I hope google doesn't copy amazon on that.

So, now I'm off to see if there's a google home forum where fanboys aren't always so defensive about other people's ideas and desires.

DParker

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 02:17:27 pm »
So, amazon, listen to the hoofbeats and especially the users like myself who can tell you what you did wrong without getting so defensive.

Just out of curiosity, do you have an example of someone from Amazon becoming "so defensive" in response to feedback about Echo/Alexa?

rocket888

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 10:26:16 pm »
Well, getting better. I'm trying to find what to say to get the new labeled timers. So far,

set a baby timer for 5 minutes, did not work every time (about 1/3 it does work), but

5 minute timer called baby did work every time so far.

When the timer is done it announced which timer it is, good!

Could use a command to "cancel all timers" instead of asking me which one and only one at a time. And there should be a timeout for timers going off instead of beeping forever.

But all told, I'm pleased this has finally been worked on. And I'm glad I didn't have to buy the google home.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 10:29:56 pm by rocket888 »