Echo & Alexa Forums

Uk Voice training.

billgreenwood

Uk Voice training.
« on: October 31, 2016, 07:31:32 pm »
So Alexa does not like my Cockney accent. I wouldn't even say it's that strong.

It's not like I'm asking Alexa to get me a ruby for less than a pony, or a sherbet  that wont cost a monkey. I'm speaking clear Queen's BBC English. And the bitch (Alexa) still fails to understand me half the time.

Where's the UK voice training?

It is just rubbish.

Examples.

Alexa "add call Ken Berch" to my to do list. Added "Cocaine Perch" to your todo list

Alexa, Add "Workplace Pension" to my to do list.   Workplace Pinchin!

Alexa "Play BBC Radio London" so I get BBC Asian Network.

Frustraiting!

b.

DParker

Re: Uk Voice training.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 07:40:17 pm »
Added "Cocaine Perch" to your todo list

You should probably be expecting a knock on your door any moment now.  I wouldn't answer it.  But if you do, demand to see a warrant.

connectcreative

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 09:00:37 am »
I was about to come here and post a similar question - where, exactly, is Voice Training in the Alexa app? Amazon help pages state its under Settings but its not. Have they omitted it from the UK version?

Maybe a Brummie living in Yorkshire is just too much for her.... :)

bubbacable

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 01:03:10 pm »
@OP Funny. I tried your examples. Can't wait to see my Amazon recommendations when i get back online.
Also I'm now on multiple LEA watchlists.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 03:05:16 pm by bubbacable »

billgreenwood

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 01:55:10 am »
Added "Cocaine Perch" to your todo list

You should probably be expecting a knock on your door any moment now.  I wouldn't answer it.  But if you do, demand to see a warrant.

@OP Funny. I tried your examples. Can't wait to see my Amazon recommendations when i get back online.
Also I'm now on multiple LEA watchlists.

Well so far no knocks on the door.

And the bitch still does not understand me. Maybe this is why the device has a female voice ;) :)

Jake

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 06:04:37 am »
Ditto. The problem seems to get worse in the evening together with various other issues. I have assumed that the servers must be under pressure at that time.

Dasym

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 11:21:21 am »
So Alexa does not like my Cockney accent. I wouldn't even say it's that strong.

It's not like I'm asking Alexa to get me a ruby for less than a pony, or a sherbet  that wont cost a monkey. I'm speaking clear Queen's BBC English. And the bitch (Alexa) still fails to understand me half the time.

Where's the UK voice training?

It is just rubbish.

Examples.

Alexa "add call Ken Berch" to my to do list. Added "Cocaine Perch" to your todo list

Alexa, Add "Workplace Pension" to my to do list.   Workplace Pinchin!

Alexa "Play BBC Radio London" so I get BBC Asian Network.

Frustraiting!

b.
I tried all three of your examples and she got them right. Must be better with Scottish accents than with Cockney ones!

Falstaff

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 07:29:28 am »
I have the same voice recognition problems. I am from the South with ,what I consider , a clear speaking voice..... but she has great difficulty understanding me. The built-in things. Like alarms and timers are great  but she ought to add legible notes to a to-do list .
Wikipedia doesn't usually work either.....

mindmagic

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 11:11:47 am »
I couldn't get BBC Radio London either until I added "94.9". Now just "play 94.9" is enough.