Echo & Alexa Forums

What have you named your Echo(s) in the App?

What have you named your Echo(s) in the App?
« on: October 31, 2016, 07:46:33 am »
What have you named your Amazon Echo(s) in the App if you've changed them from the defaults?

I have three Echos and I'm boring and I named them after what room in the house they're in and the color of the leather cases I have them in (each is in a different colored leather case). This is mostly to make it quick and easy to identify them in the App.

So yes, I went for "practical" over "funny" but I figure maybe a few of you out there picked something more interesting. :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:31:35 am by PaulKTF »
-Paul.

Snafs

Re: What have you named your Echo(s)?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 09:12:11 am »
I think we all wish you could REALLY name them, by a custom keyword/name.

Alexa is fine, but it would be nice.
Would also stop the multiple trigger issues.

Mind you, can you imagine "Ok Google"

I really want to go to their meeting and try and see if I can get them to grasp that saying "Ok Google" thousands of times in the home is going to get a pain.

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 09:17:41 am »
I think we all wish you could REALLY name them, by a custom keyword/name.

Alexa is fine, but it would be nice.
Would also stop the multiple trigger issues.

Mind you, can you imagine "Ok Google"

I really want to go to their meeting and try and see if I can get them to grasp that saying "Ok Google" thousands of times in the home is going to get a pain.

They only let you pick from between three Wake Words because the more Wake Words you add (or if you let people use custom ones) the more bugs can crop up. I have no problems saying 'Alexa".
-Paul.

strayfish

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 09:26:57 am »
I wonder if Paul means their labels in the app? I've imaginatively named mine Echo, Dot and Dot2, but like Snafs, I had ambitions for the wake word. Mrs Shufflebottom was my initial choice :)

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 09:28:31 am »
I wonder if Paul means their labels in the app? I've imaginatively named mine Echo, Dot and Dot2, but like Snafs, I had ambitions for the wake word. Mrs Shufflebottom was my initial choice :)

Yes, that's what I meant. :) I edited the OP to be more clear.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:31:58 am by PaulKTF »
-Paul.

RebeccaV

Re: What have you named your Echo(s) in the App?
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 09:47:58 am »
I named mine: HAL (see:2001 a space odyssey)