Echo & Alexa Forums

Audible library

Jake

Audible library
« on: October 30, 2016, 08:45:25 am »
I have had an Echo for around a month. I have not been able to access my large Audible.co.uk library during that time via the Alexa apps on my HDX tablets or Windows. All I get is the spinning disc when I go to the Audible library. I have spoken about this with the Echo tech team on a number of occasions but nothing has changed.

Does anyone else have this problem?

BTW, the reason I'd like to be able to access the Audible library on the Alexa app is to play an audiobook via the app when Alexa doesn't understand me or plays the wrong audiobook.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:47:23 am by Jake »

gillr

Re: Audible library
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 01:40:46 pm »
My audible library shows up in the Alexa app on my iPhone, iPad & Kindle Fire. It does take a few moments to load probably because my library is massive. its really handy accessing my library via the app!
I also appreciate Alexa telling me how many minutes left in the current chapter plus how long left in the whole book!

Jake

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 06:01:00 am »
Of course it's handy, but I do not appreciate being unable to access my Audible library.

Jake

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 08:10:17 am »
Still no library and now for the last few days the Echo no longer remembers the last place "read" on my audiobooks apart that is from the last audiobook I've listened to. Alexa simply tells me that I've finished the audiobook and then starts it from the beginning. I've spoken to Echo support, and, as usual, they display concern but then nothing changes. Very frustrating.

BTW, over the last few days Alexa seems far less responsive than usual especially as regards getting to her respond initially when I use the wake word.

Chapuys

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 02:35:08 pm »
I had to get Amazon to 'Call Back' me via Echo support to get my Audible UK library to show up.

Emailing failed to solve the problem. Might be an idea to do that.

Jake

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 05:46:37 am »
Chapuys,

Thanks for that.

I was wondering if you could tell me how they fixed your problem. Actually, I have been dealing directly with the Echo support team via phone but so far they have not been able to help. I was talking with Audible at their headquarters in New Jersey and they think it might be something to do with the size of my library.

But some good news, though, as they seem to have fixed the problem over remembering the last place in my audiobooks.