Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Continue music on a different echo

md8954

Continue music on a different echo
« on: February 26, 2018, 04:10:17 pm »
Was wondering if it's possible to start listening to a music station on an echo downstairs, pause or stop it, and then have one of my other echos upstairs start playing where I left off on the first echo.  Make sense?

mike27oct

Re: Continue music on a different echo
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 05:35:15 pm »
This is one reason I have a portable Tap; so I can listen in one room and continue listening in a mother room as I bring the Tap with me.

ourecho

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 07:24:59 pm »
I had the same expectation.  In a chat with Amazon support, they verified that this does not work.  Moving music was important to me which led to a subscription of Spotify rather than Amazon Unlimited.  We can move Spotify from one speaker to another.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 08:59:03 pm »
Consumer Reports declares Spotify the best streamer app for music; better than Amazon.  If I wanted a streaming music service, it is what I would get, but I have so much home based music I can play on Alexa devices and others, so I do not need Spotify or any of them.

dragon123

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 03:53:16 am »
Was wondering if it's possible to start listening to a music station on an echo downstairs, pause or stop it, and then have one of my other echos upstairs start playing where I left off on the first echo.  Make sense?

If you use spotify, it works like that. "Alexa, play" "Resuming Spotify".