Echo & Alexa Forums

Bluetooth Adapter Force Disconnect

Aerochip

Bluetooth Adapter Force Disconnect
« on: October 27, 2016, 09:04:06 pm »
I am looking for a bluetooth adapter that does not auto connect.  What I am trying to accomplish is connect my Echo Dot to my home AV system through a bluetooth adapter so I can listen to music through Spotify or Pandora (controlled by the Amazon app or Alexa voice control).  The problem is the bluetooth adapter has power whenever my AV system is turned On, such as when I am watching TV.  When watching TV, I don't want the Dot connected through bluetooth and want to use its internal speaker.  I can tell Alexa to disconnect and/or disconnect the bluetooth connection through the app, but the Dot immediately reconnects.  I've seen on other google searches that this is a known problem and was trying to rectify it by purchasing a bluetooth adapter that does not auto connect.  I would then have to connect to bluetooth every time I wanted to by telling Alexa to Connect to bluetooth.  Does anybody know of any bluetooth adapters that are not auto connect?   

mike27oct

Re: Bluetooth Adapter Force Disconnect
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 04:17:56 am »
Have you tried just telling Alexa to "disconnect bluetooth" ?  It seems to work for me.

garyyoung

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 05:10:06 am »
I've been using this bluetooth receiver with my Dot, and it doesn't reconnect after I tell the Dot to disconnect:

https://www.amazon.com/HomeSpot-NFC-Enabled-Bluetooth-Receiver-System/dp/B009OBCAW2/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1477645521&sr=8-27&keywords=bluetooth+receiver+home

Aerochip

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 10:50:12 am »
Great, thank you very much.  I should have said that I was using the current generation logitech adapter, which may be part of the problem.  I'll try this one and keep my fingers crossed.

I've been using this bluetooth receiver with my Dot, and it doesn't reconnect after I tell the Dot to disconnect:

https://www.amazon.com/HomeSpot-NFC-Enabled-Bluetooth-Receiver-System/dp/B009OBCAW2/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1477645521&sr=8-27&keywords=bluetooth+receiver+home