Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa / Harmony TV Control Doesn't Work...

Clemdog

Alexa / Harmony TV Control Doesn't Work...
« on: October 26, 2016, 10:39:29 pm »
Just went thru the set-up and it was a breeze. Then discovered all the new devices and they all show up in my list.  So far so good.

Tried the commands on Alexa and none of them work...  I get everything from "I don't find DirecTV' to just "okay" with nothing actually happening

I have made sure the Harmony is running the most recent software but nothing works.

Any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong?

fweezal

Re: Alexa / Harmony TV Control Doesn't Work...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 09:48:11 am »
I got the same thing going on.  According to several other users, the only thing that's implemented RIGHT NOW is the on/off function.  It's in it's infancy and they will be put online soon, however.  If that's true, it would sure be a half-ass way of doing it.  But, that's what we can expect when keep pushing and rushing the devs to get something out before it's ready for prime time.  I would MUCH rather wait until the product is finished than putting it out there with the promise of "it's coming... just wait".

Clemdog

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 10:20:10 am »
That might be true but if so why are they sending out marketing emails essentially advertising this feature. It would be pretty bad advertising something that isn't working...

Offline kevb

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:00:35 am »
I have yet to try the direct connection from Echo to Harmony, but using a hub, etc. I've found that I periodically need to reboot the Harmony Hub. Not sure why. Try unplugging it for 15 seconds or so and plug it back in.

Clemdog

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 10:51:34 am »
Tried rebooting the hub...still no love.

bob76

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 12:43:45 pm »
did you guys run the harmony skill?
if i try to activate it takes me to the Logitech login page fill in the email etc. but the skill wont activate any help maybe?