Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Alexa / Harmony TV Control Doesn't Work...

Alexa / Harmony TV Control Doesn't Work...
« on: October 26, 2016, 10:39:29 pm »
Just went thru the set-up and it was a breeze. Then discovered all the new devices and they all show up in my list.  So far so good.

Tried the commands on Alexa and none of them work...  I get everything from "I don't find DirecTV' to just "okay" with nothing actually happening

I have made sure the Harmony is running the most recent software but nothing works.

Any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong?

Re: Alexa / Harmony TV Control Doesn't Work...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 09:48:11 am »
I got the same thing going on.  According to several other users, the only thing that's implemented RIGHT NOW is the on/off function.  It's in it's infancy and they will be put online soon, however.  If that's true, it would sure be a half-ass way of doing it.  But, that's what we can expect when keep pushing and rushing the devs to get something out before it's ready for prime time.  I would MUCH rather wait until the product is finished than putting it out there with the promise of "it's coming... just wait".

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 10:20:10 am »
That might be true but if so why are they sending out marketing emails essentially advertising this feature. It would be pretty bad advertising something that isn't working...

Offline kevb

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:00:35 am »
I have yet to try the direct connection from Echo to Harmony, but using a hub, etc. I've found that I periodically need to reboot the Harmony Hub. Not sure why. Try unplugging it for 15 seconds or so and plug it back in.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 10:51:34 am »
Tried rebooting the hub...still no love.

Offline bob76

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 12:43:45 pm »
did you guys run the harmony skill?
if i try to activate it takes me to the Logitech login page fill in the email etc. but the skill wont activate any help maybe?