Echo & Alexa Forums

Wanted: "Switch" command with Hue

sjau

Wanted: "Switch" command with Hue
« on: October 25, 2016, 01:36:06 pm »
I have Hues in my living room, hall way, bathroom, kitchen etc.... however I notice that mostly go from living room (tv/computer) to my bedroom. So I have to issue two commands: "'lexa, turn on bedroom; 'lexa turn off living".

What I'd love would be a "switch" command or a "turn on only" command. The switch command would switch current hues in the group. Hues turned on, will be turned off. Hues turned off will be turned on.

The "turn on only" command would also be even better, like "'lexy turn on only bedroom". That would turn on my bedroom and turn off all other hues.

It would reduce the issuing of commands.

DParker

Re: Wanted: "Switch" command with Hue
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 02:54:17 pm »
I haven't used Hue in a while (ever since I replaced it with a SmartThings hub), but I believe you could accomplish that by creating Hue scenes and then having Alexa activate the one that you want.

sjau

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:43:36 am »
Hmmm, I'll have to test the Hue scenes if they work. Thx for the suggestion.

Also, I've been pondering that "flip" would be a better keyword than "switch" :)

sjau

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 01:38:20 pm »
Although I have newest firmware on the Echo, it seems scenes don't work. Furthermore, the Gen 2 Hue app won't allow me to set a secene with lights from multiple rooms. Also I cannot create a new room containing lights already in other rooms. So hue scenes aren't a help at all.