Echo & Alexa Forums

Works with just "Lexa"

Kelleytoons

Works with just "Lexa"
« on: June 10, 2016, 03:22:57 pm »
Well, I'm not sure if it's just me and what Echo has gotten used to, or if this works for everyone, or if this is something obvious everyone has always known, but I discovered a few days ago that I don't have to say "Alexa" and just "Lexa" works fine (and actually more reliably) on all three of my devices.

Not a huge deal, but it's a bit easier (one less syllable) and, like I say, I find it a bit more reliable (she seems to understand me better).  Anyone else find this out?

Re: Works with just "Lexa"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 07:02:53 pm »
I have been using lexa for a while.  there are others that will work also that are similar sounding.   I think there is a previous thread that gives some of the other names that will work.  sometimes it is fun to experiment to see what works and what wont work when killing time:-)

pcombs

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 11:56:33 am »
Mine responds to "Brexit" if you say it right...

Mecho

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 05:48:27 pm »
Mine responds with 'Alexit' or 'Lexit' most of the time, and 'Lexi' if you don't emphasise the 'i' as an 'e'. 'Lex' sometimes works. I guess it's looking for part of a vocal waveform rather than a word, so it can be fooled with whatever's close.

strayfish

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 04:38:19 am »
I'm using Lexa too. Easier on the diction :)