Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo dot to 2 x bluetooth speakers at same time

Nickyd

Echo dot to 2 x bluetooth speakers at same time
« on: October 25, 2016, 07:12:08 am »
Hi!

Just set up my Echo dot and more than happy so far.

I already found a bug that if I set the voice to English (UK) then I still have to ad "on spotify" at end of the command, even when its set to default. Setting to English (US) works fine though.

Quick question:  Can I link two bluetooth speakers to my Dot? I want them both playing at the same time(Kitchen and living room: not too far apart for bluetooth : tested.)

Cheers

Nick

DParker

Re: Echo dot to 2 x bluetooth speakers at same time
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 08:29:18 am »
You can pair your Dot with multiple speakers, but it can only connect to one at a time.

Dasym

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 02:08:37 pm »
I already found a bug that if I set the voice to English (UK) then I still have to ad "on spotify" at end of the command, even when its set to default. Setting to English (US) works fine though.
It seems to learn. Sometimes it needs the "on spotify" to stop it saying it can't find such and such in your music library. Other times it finds it OK without "on spotify" - it maybe also depend on what it is you ask it to play.

nyerel

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 11:15:23 am »
+1 for the problem with needing to say "on spotify" if the voice is set to UK and spotify is default music library.

Thank you for reporting this, I was going crazy... I knew that once it was working properly, but I did not realize it was because I've changed the language for a while.

I would like to report this to Amazon, but I can't seem to find any way to do this :-/

Grooster

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 05:48:24 pm »
I've got the same problem. I've set the default to Spotify but still need to say play Spotify or it just says the song is not in my music library. I've tried everything but can't get it to work. Hey it only a couple of extra words but still annoying.