Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo to Airplay Music to different zones

bains1000

Echo to Airplay Music to different zones
« on: October 23, 2016, 02:14:05 pm »
Hi

I have just purchased an Echo, so far quite impresses with that it can do.  I really would like the device to be able to airplay to different rooms.  Echo has Tune In radio which is great but I would like to be able to get Echo to play radio XX in the Kitchen or play radio ZZ in the dining room rather than having to listen to the sound from the Echo speaker itself

Has anyone got any experience of trying to set this up?

Thanks

In2survive

Re: Echo to Airplay Music to different zones
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 12:48:57 pm »
I want to the the same thing. I will be trying this “Control TuneBlade with Amazon Echo - HowTo!”
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/breakfreeaudio/tuneblade/1023v5ybXzw
Not sure it works, but it looks promising.

In2survive

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 12:15:28 am »
Just a quick update, the solution above works, but you need to connect the Echo to a Windows PC running TuneBlade via a physical cable (the speaker output from the Echo):
Exho —(cable)—> PC —(stream over IP)—> AirPlay Device(s)

You can tell the device to which you are streaming to, but once you conncetect that cable, you can’t really hear the Echo other than through the PC or Airplay. Not exactly the solution I’m looking for. 

StevenR

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:32:21 am »
This is very easy if you have multiple Echo devices in different rooms. You just need to say “Alexa, play <tunein station> in <Echo device name>”. To make it easier name your devices after the rooms they are in.