1 (4.3%)
Expected to ship in May 2015 or later
13 (56.5%)

Total Members Voted: 1

When is your Echo coming?

Offline jwlv

Re: When is your Echo coming?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 02:19:08 am »
Wyzard & alot2do, congrats on getting your Echo in a couple of days!

With all the cool stuff people have been writing about in these forums, I'm sure you are very excited to try the Echo. Be warned, though, the novelty wears off very quickly.

But that doesn't mean the Echo is useless. I just don't use mine as much as I anticipated. Supporting Wemo home automation was a HUGE thing for me since I already had 10 Wemo switches in the house. If you have Wemo (or Hue), you'll love the Echo! I also have a Nest thermostat and waiting on the official support from Amazon.

There are still so many things that I would like the Echo to do. But that aside, tonight while I was looking at some grocery advertisements, I wanted to compare two sizes of ice cream to find out which was a better deal. So I asked, "Alexa, how many quarts are in 48 ounces" and "Alexa, how many quarts are in 16 ounces."  I got the answers I needed and off I went to the supermarket. Sure, I could have gotten a calculator from my office or just pulled out my phone, but it was much more convenient to ask Alexa.

Certainly the Echo makes getting answers to simple questions quick and easy. And that's what you can expect. Home automation support was a big bonus. I hope Amazon continues to add support for other home automation devices. Amazon still has a long way to go, but so far, it's been a fun ride. I can't wait to see what else is in store!

wyzard

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 07:46:49 am »
Cool.  Really looking forward to getting mine.  Got the shipping notice so now I'll be spending the next day or so tracking it... LOL

alot2do

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 09:49:40 pm »
Thanks Jwlv. I think Echo will be most useful to me in calculating things. I wanted to know the relationship of the diameter of Sun and Moon compared to distances of both from the earth. Echo made that very simply, as I asked for distances, diameters, calculations, etc.

By the way, the distance ratio is 389 to diameter ratio 400. That is why eclipses occur because those two numbers are so close.

alot2do

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 09:52:34 pm »
(Oh, by the way, Echo came today!) 

It is so handy to have the iPad open to the echo app, so that all the numbers she reads off are right there on the iPad screen. Took 1/12th of the time it would take me to look up the info and do that calculations myself.

wyzard

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 06:33:43 am »
Congrats!  Mine scheduled for delivery today.  So pumped.  Can't wait to get it.

bzz

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 11:50:50 am »
My unit is being delivered today.  I look forward to this forum and hope we can all come up for some great uses for the echo.  My priority is to get it work as a baby monitor since it's always listening via an app.

Talisman

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2015, 12:58:13 pm »
invited and Ordered on May 26, expected delivery according to Amazon now is July 13. I hate this waiting game now.
 :-\

ScarlettPhoenix

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2015, 08:29:52 am »
The first two were in the 2-3 month range and our third is no different. Ordered April 7th-delivery scheduled for June 17-July 2. I suspect Amazon gives very generous shipping times so when they arrive closer or even earlier than expected, the customer is happier.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2015, 03:19:06 pm »
invited and Ordered on May 26, expected delivery according to Amazon now is July 13. I hate this waiting game now.
 :-\

That's still a lot better than some folks who ordered back in February and are just now receiving their Echoes this month.

BradsterATL

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2015, 06:59:44 pm »
I ordered mine in March and was given a delivery range of July-August. I was pleasantly surprised to receive mine the first week of June. It's really a cool toy. Audible integration is excellent. WEMO integration feels like Star Trek. IFTT integration is sending items to my iOS Reminders app--sweet!

My two biggest wish list items are Nest and iCloud mail/calendar support.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2015, 07:25:50 pm »
Nest support is likely to come soon.

iCloud support is unlikely because it seems Apple doesn't play nice with anyone else. Just look at the dozens of smart watches available on the market. All for Android. Pebble is the only one that works well with iPhone (besides Apple Watch).

Talisman

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2015, 08:30:01 am »
Plus apple has the home kit and its just too soon for that kind of integration with another controlling device