1 (4.3%)
Expected to ship in May 2015 or later
13 (56.5%)

Total Members Voted: 1

When is your Echo coming?

Offline jwlv

When is your Echo coming?
« on: January 30, 2015, 07:41:41 am »
If you were one of the lucky few people that got an invitation, when is your Echo expected to ship?
Or if you already got the Echo, when did you get it?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 01:49:02 pm by jwlv »

surfaday

Re: When is your Echo coming?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 09:58:28 am »
I happened to check my shopping cart before I went to bed on January 8, and it was available. I didn't get the email till the next day.

My delivery date is Feb 20 with 1-day shipping. I think the 2-day free date was Feb 23. I'm glad I didn't delay because I think within a few days the delivery date was out to May or June.

vegasguy

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 10:42:21 am »
It happened exactly the same way with me.
Every once in a while, I'd check the Amazon Echo page. And every time, it says something like "Thank you for your request...blah blah blah."

But on January 9th, it showed an "Add to Cart" button. I thought it was a mistake or that Amazon just opened up a general release to the public. I immediately bought one and checked out. My delivery date is February 23 with 2-day Prime shipping. It was a day later, on January 10th that I received the email from Amazon inviting me to buy the Echo.

I'm happy that I accidentally found it early because I've heard that there were a lot of invites that went out on January 9-10th and most people who purchased at that time had estimated delivery dates in June or July. I don't know if I can wait that long. I can hardly wait until Feburary 23!

alot2do

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 10:21:41 pm »
When I got the invitation in early January, I had decided by then I wasn't interested. But for some reason, I read one of the Gold Box Forum posts about how someone was using their Echo. That changed my mind and I ordered on the last day of the invite period.

So the idea of using it as an alarm clock appeals to me.  I know.. kind of expensive for an alarm clock, but with my crazy schedule, it is perfect!

Plus the music from Prime, as well as the trivia I can ask will make it fun! 

For instance, right now I am reading a book about geology, so I often have questions such as:  When did Pangaea first form?  When was the first Ice age? When did Lake Missoula first flood northern Idaho?

vegasguy

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 03:11:04 pm »
The Echo I bought on Ebay is coming today!  I can't wait.

I heard that the people who got their invitations around January 9-10 were getting delivery estimates of May, June, or July.
Just out of curiosity, what is the current delivery estimate from Amazon if you just got your invitation this week? I still haven't gotten my invitation yet. At this point, it almost doesn't matter since my Echo will be here in a couple of hours. If I do get another invite, I might get a second one for the bedroom. 

lowspark

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 11:57:08 am »
I placed my order with Amazon, Jan 8th right after I got my invitation. Echo is out for delivery today. Cant wait

Offline jwlv

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 01:55:56 pm »
My Echo was scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday, February 18. On Tuesday night, I kept on looking at the order status and it wasn't marked shipped. I'm thinking, how can it get here Wednesday when it's almost midnight Tuesday now?

Wednesday comes around and I get an email from Amazon saying that my order is delayed. The new delivery estimate is now March 5th. UGH! So I decide to chat with an Amazon rep about it, and he couldn't help me because there's a special department for Amazon Echo. He said he'll forward the information to that department and they'll call me. I said just have them email me.

They did email me after two days, and the good news is that my Echo has been shipped. According to tracking, it's coming via Fedex Overnight and will be here today, Saturday! It's a few days late, but not as late as they initially said. They also volunteered a $10 promo credit for anything I want to buy on Amazon.

alot2do

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 11:51:28 pm »
Great news that yours arrived! Mine won't come until May, June, or July.

username

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 08:21:22 am »
I requested the invite November 6.
Was able to order January 6.
She arrived February 24.

alot2do

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 06:53:56 pm »
Should be coming in the next week or two  (End of March, first part of April.)  ;D  The date was moved up about two or three months. 

Update: the date was moved back, also. But it will come tomorrow, May 18 or 19
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 11:41:14 pm by alot2do »

Slackhaus

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 04:30:36 pm »
Today, when I get home from work  8)

wyzard

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 12:00:36 am »
Got my notice that mine should be here on Wednesday (May 20).  Can't wait

alot2do