Echo & Alexa Forums

Spotify might play one song but never plays again

cackster

Spotify might play one song but never plays again
« on: October 18, 2016, 01:40:23 pm »
I have a premium Spotify account that is linked to my Echo in the UK. The first time I set this up, I asked Alexa to play a track and it did. After that it does not play anything. If I ask 'Alexa play...  from Spotify', Alexa says 'playing... from Spotify' but then never plays anything.

If I then unlink Spotify and re-link it, the cycle starts again. It only plays once then never plays again.

I have performed a hard reset and tried everything but simply won't play anything after that first track. As I said it tells you it's playing but nothing then happens.

I have had no problems like this with Amazon Prime music or other music, just Spotify. There is a problem for definite here so wonder if this is common.

cackster

Re: Spotify might play one song but never plays again
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 01:57:58 pm »
Just an update. The old 'switch off' and 'switch on' may have fixed this. Seems like it is working consecutively for now. Will monitor. Thought a hard reset would've originally done the same but hey, it's the solution to every computer problem in the end.

cackster

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 02:07:46 pm »
Another update. The Echo tends to eventually go back into the same problem where you ask Spotify to play something. It tells you it's playing it from Spotify but then never plays it at all. From there it's impossible to get Spotify to work unless you switch off, reset or unlink and re-link Spotify, but then it's just in the cycle which leads to it failing again.

Anyone else experiencing this in the UK or US? Amazon Help couldn't help! So next step is you guys or Amazon Live Support.

zeon08

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 11:26:06 am »
Hey cackster,

I have the same exact issue just got the new Amazon echo dot.... and its really disappointing that Spotify only works for like 5 songs before it gets "stuck".

That being said this is definitely some issue with the way the Amazon Echo communicates with the Spotify API.

Does anyone know where we can submit bug reports to Amazon or Spotify?

cackster

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 02:47:02 pm »
Hi Zeon08,

Yes this is a real problem, no way round it as far as I can see and I agree that it's an integration issue. I tweeted Amazon help and they could not help me. They recommended live Amazon help. Now I think if you go and report the problem via your Alexa app, you will get an email that will contain a link to Amazon support and they will call you. Haven't got round to doing that yet.

cackster

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 03:48:25 am »
One more update,  this is a good one. I logged the issue with Amazon, they responded with this great email.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to access your Spotify account to your Echo device on the Alexa app. I appreciate your efforts for trying few troubleshooting steps.

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. I've checked and see that this is a known issue and most of our customers are facing the same.

This has been reported to our technical team and they are currently working on it to resolve it as soon as possible.

I've created a ticket for the issue you have with Case ID: 0094194228, I'm filing this information over to our Amazon Echo Development team to make your device works properly with your Spotify account. As soon as we have the update we'll let you know.

These errors are usually corrected shortly after they're reported.

Situations such as this are rare, and our goal is to help resolve any problems you encounter as quickly as possible and we always want our customers to be happy.

Be assured that once they make the necessary changes you will be able to access your Spotify account.

I will take the complete responsibility of this for you and I'm personally following this and will definitely get back to you as soon as I receive an update from my technical team.

Should you require any additional information or assistance before then, please do not hesitate to contact us via live medium.