Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Show hears me but my Echo Studio answers me

Echo Show hears me but my Echo Studio answers me
« on: February 08, 2024, 06:36:59 pm »
I have an Echo Show 5 (3rd gen) in my kitchen.  About 25' away, around the corner, is my living room with my Echo Studio in it.  Even when I'm close to my Echo Show and ask it something, it 'hears me' because the blue line on the bottom comes up, but my Echo Show *always* answers.  This happens when I talk low and the Echo Studio cannot possibly hear me.
I've tried restarting it.  I've double checked the mute isn't on (otherwise it wouldn't hear the trigger word).
When I first got it a few months back it behaved as expected and the only time when my living room Echo studio picked up the wake word is when I spoke too loud. 
Suggestions or do I have a faulty Echo Show?

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo Show hears me but my Echo Studio answers me
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 02:11:49 am »
It happens to all of us. Some Echo devices hear better than others. I noticed that the thinner/smaller the device, the more hard of hearing it is. My Echo gen 4 (the large ball) hears much better than any Echo Dot. And all of my Echo Shows are almost deaf. Not much you can do about it. That's just the way it is, probably due to the way the microphones are situated in thinner/smaller devices.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2024, 03:12:29 pm by jwlv »

Re: Echo Show hears me but my Echo Studio answers me
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 06:35:46 pm »
It happens to me all the time.   since I don't play music, it don't matter to me as long as the command happens.    You can give the name of the device you want to use as part of the command.   You can also change the wake name.