Echo & Alexa Forums

Disable Prime Music

chravis

Disable Prime Music
« on: June 26, 2015, 11:11:43 am »
I realize this sounds like the opposite of what the Echo is intended for, but until I am able to automatically filter out explicit music from Prime Music, I'd like to disable Prime Music from being accessed by my Echo. I will solely use Pandora instead. Is there a way to do this?

ScarlettPhoenix

Re: Disable Prime Music
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 11:18:52 am »
Maybe I'm wrong here but the Echo will only play the Prime music you have added to your Prime music. The clips they play should have content for everyone. If you have something in your Prime music that is unsuitable, put it into a separate playlist that only you know the name of??  That might be a workaround. If you're sharing then you might be able to do the same thing.

Just trying to think outside the box... :)

Edited: I didn't mean the Echo wouldn't play any other music.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 12:42:00 pm by ScarlettPhoenix »

AquabatX

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 11:23:17 am »
There is not a way to disable Prime Music without canceling your Prime membership.

The best way to make sure you always get Pandora is to us the app and start it from there or be sure to include "Pandora" in your request for music.

Keep in mind if you have existing stations, Alexa is very picky with what you need to say to get her to find it.

For example, I have a Pandora station called "70s Funk radio"

If I say something like "Alexa, play 70s Funk radio on Pandora" she has a hard time.

In order to get it to work every time I need to say exactly "Alexa, play the station 70s Funk radio from Pandora"

chravis

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 01:06:15 pm »
Thanks for the responses. Perhaps it is just a learning issue for me (I just set up my Echo yesterday). I thought Prime Music consisted of playlists I set up, but also already existing playlists. So if my child says "Alexa, play country music" there is a chance that explicit music could be played. However, it does appear Alexa will ask you before playing an explicit song. I just thought it would be better if I could filter out explicit songs from any Amazon music source so that I wouldn't have to worry about it at all.

Talisman

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 03:00:44 pm »
I believe that is an account setting on amazon that would affect all of your prime devices and account