Echo & Alexa Forums

Can we have a section JUST for UK Echo users?

startreksteve

Can we have a section JUST for UK Echo users?
« on: October 10, 2016, 02:58:39 am »
One for the mods really, often when reading posts, its not obviously apparent where that poster is from, it would be great to have a section for UK echo users to bounce ideas around and to help each other.
Cheers
Steve

harryfulton

Re: Can we have a section JUST for UK Echo users?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 12:22:13 pm »
I would like to second this suggestion.

UK users have separate issues to US users. US users have more functionality than UK users for example.

DParker

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 12:48:52 pm »
I would like to second this suggestion.

UK users have separate issues to US users. US users have more functionality than UK users for example.

And you say "aluminum" wrong.   ;D

Dasym

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 02:31:18 pm »
That's a good idea.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 03:48:24 pm »
Ditto, we are seeing the same basic questions of two-plus years ago coming now from UK. Give 'em their own Forum!  (No, just kidding, their own section is fine, and so they can "discover the wheel" all over again!)

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 04:07:27 pm »
so the Brits does not want anything to do with us Yanks.  Having their own forum or section is segregation and that is illegal here in the states!!

Just teasing.  It sounds like a good idea.  Prevents confusion - if you do not want to create a separate forum, at least put their location under the profile picture or name. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:13:36 pm by renegade600 »

Offline jwlv

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 04:08:33 pm »
Ditto, we are seeing the same basic questions of two-plus years ago coming now from UK. Give 'em their own Forum!  (No, just kidding, their own section is fine, and so they can "discover the wheel" all over again!)

LOL and the German Echo is coming in about 2 weeks.

DParker

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 04:56:37 pm »
LOL and the German Echo is coming in about 2 weeks.

Ach, du lieber!

Offline jwlv

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 06:00:33 pm »
so the Brits does not want anything to do with us Yanks.  Having their own forum or section is segregation and that is illegal here in the states!!

Just teasing.  It sounds like a good idea.  Prevents confusion - if you do not want to create a separate forum, at least put their location under the profile picture or name.

Right now, there are a lot of differences between the UK Echo and the US Echo. But I think that both versions will converge at some point and everything will work nearly the same.

mike27oct

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 07:07:46 pm »
So, create a temporary European Echo sub-forum so the Brits and the Germans can talk to one another -- it's about time they started to do so; in a fun way!  ;)

startreksteve

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 02:51:23 am »
Mods? a response from you?

Steve

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 06:00:50 am »
Mods? a response from you?

Steve

you post was not necessary, in fact imo, it was rude.  the one that counted already responded.  take a look at the previous postings in this thread.  There was an administrator that responded.   and he has already created that section.   

startreksteve

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 04:55:14 am »
Sorry, I never noticed one of the replies was from a mod, I only take notice of posters names if I'm replying. No offence intended.

Steve