Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Echo UK version

mistaguitarista

Amazon Echo UK version
« on: October 02, 2016, 02:42:46 pm »
Hi,  anyone who bought a UK release Echo (i.e. Post September 28th) can use this post for discussions.  Had mine since 28th and largely it's working really well.  Anyone having problems (apart from the BT Hub issue, which is well known)?

Masterpop

Re: Amazon Echo UK version
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:38:02 am »
Mine has been working well. Since the 28th, aside from BT Hub issue, it went down (red ring, "Unable to perform your request" (or similar)) only once. Restart brought it back to life.

mikee123

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 06:22:00 am »
I have the US version. I had changed location to my UK address before the UK launch, and a few days ago changed the voice over to UK English. But since switching the voice to UK, my Alexa keeps randomly saying thinks... last night she all of a sudden said 'to turn on voice purchasing go into settings etc...'. Or I get a random 'I cannot find this in your play list'
While it was on US English, I only had that happen once in 2 months. Now it seems to happen nearly every day

iainmann

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 04:15:37 pm »
I have the UK Echo and on the whole it works well. Got it set up to lighting and to begin with it had problems recognising groups, but it seems to be learning and gets it right most times.
It still misses some Spotify requests and comes up with "cannot find in playlist" but, again, it's improving with use.
You have to be fairly specific with radio stations in TuneIn.