Echo & Alexa Forums

Do love me some UK chicks...

smeg

Do love me some UK chicks...
« on: September 26, 2016, 06:30:31 pm »
Just changed  over to the UK "voice" and am diggin' it!

DParker

Re: Do love me some UK chicks...
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 07:20:15 pm »
Just for grins I switched both of my Echos over to the UK English voice.  Now, let's see how long ot takes for the wife to notice.

smeg

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 07:32:21 pm »
You might want to go grab a pillow now while you can. Sleeping on the couch without one sucks!!! ;)

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 02:46:05 am »
Just changed  over to the UK "voice" and am diggin' it!

Thanks for tip. UK Alexa has a smoother and less-edgy timbre voice than US Alexa, and sexier, too.  US Alexa's voice was grating on me, and I am ready for a new Alexa.  I, too, will see how long it takes my wife to notice the new Alexa.
(Ask her to recite our Pledge of Allegiance!)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:49:45 am by mike27oct »

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 06:23:59 am »
just changed it on the echo and will keep it for a while.  I noticed a warning about not being able to understand everything.  Anyone run across any examples yet? 

mikee123

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 07:15:21 am »
how do I change the voice ?
I have the US Alexa, but have changed location to UK (long before the official UK launch)

I don't know yet how to officially change it to UK version
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:46:41 am by mikee123 »

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 02:55:42 pm »
how do I change the voice ?
I have the US Alexa, but have changed location to UK (long before the official UK launch)

I don't know yet how to officially change it to UK version

just go into settings then the device.  you will have to change each device individually. 

mike27oct

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 04:55:21 pm »
just changed it on the echo and will keep it for a while.  I noticed a warning about not being able to understand everything.  Anyone run across any examples yet?

Yea, she keeps addressing me as "mate"; what's that all about?   ;)

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 05:54:36 pm »

So I guess it will be using UK terminology, not just accent - Cheers

mike27oct

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 04:32:32 am »
Wife caught on when I asked her to ask for the weather.  I was told immediately to un-do what I had done!  Did not go over well, but just as well, Echo had trouble connecting (I suppose to UK) said some sort of comment about having trouble, when it was working again I asked her to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, she told me she did not know it (!) and so rebooted it, changed back to US voice, she again knew the Pledge and all is OK again.  There may be more to this language change that just the accent.

endure

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 12:53:39 pm »

Good job she's not a Geordie otherwise you wouldn't be able to understand a word   ;D

strayfish

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 01:06:50 pm »

Good job she's not a Geordie otherwise you wouldn't be able to understand a word   ;D

Be thankful there isn't a Jo Brand version!