Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Use Amazon echo as text to voice?

matt_tee

Use Amazon echo as text to voice?
« on: September 24, 2016, 01:32:04 pm »
Hi, is there or is anybody creating a skill on the echo where I can type into my phone or tablet a phrase, in a different room, and the Echo will say what I have typed?  Think of the  fun we could have!!

Re: Use Amazon echo as text to voice?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 02:01:42 pm »
That will not be possible until Amazon implements push notification support, which it allegedly will be doing sometime soon (with "soon" being undefined at the moment).

matt_tee

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 02:03:43 pm »
That will not be possible until Amazon implements push notification support, which it allegedly will be doing sometime soon (with "soon" being undefined at the moment).

Thank you, I look forward to push notifications then.......................

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 02:23:05 pm »

Thank you, I look forward to push notifications then.......................
What DP said,  however if you have an Echo Remote - you could do what you are asking by using the Simon Says skill :)

Cheers,
Alex