Echo & Alexa Forums

Voice add to calendar

Mork74

Voice add to calendar
« on: September 23, 2016, 11:49:02 am »
I just read that you can't add to a calendar using Alexa, is that true?

Big let down if is

DParker

Re: Voice add to calendar
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 12:08:44 pm »
I just read that you can't add to a calendar using Alexa, is that true?

Big let down if is

What type of calendar?  Where did you read that?  There's not enough information in your post to give a definitive answer.

Maybe you ought to just get an Echo/Dot and play with it some rather than starting a new thread here every time something pops into your head.

Mork74

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 12:12:15 pm »
All valid questions though to help community

Ask Alexa to add event to wife gmail account

DParker

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 12:21:36 pm »
All valid questions though to help community

Ask Alexa to add event to wife gmail account

Repeatedly starting new threads on topics that have already been covered by existing threads isn't helping the community.  In fact you already started another thread on adding events to calendars here...

http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,807.0.html

...so it's pretty clear that you don't actually think that you can't add events to calendars via Alexa.  I also note that you ignored the question regarding where you allegedly read that you can't do so.

Asking relevant questions that there aren't already a wealth of easy to find answers to is fine, and what this forum is all about.  But that's not what you're doing.

Mork74

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 12:54:36 pm »
i read on amazon questions

and there was no relevant answer before i asked previously

DParker

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 12:56:34 pm »
i read on amazon questions

Link?

and there was no relevant answer before i asked previously

I wasn't referring to your previous thread.  I was referring to this one...which you started after your question was already addressed in your previous thread.  (And yes, there were already other pre-existing threads on using Alexa to add calendar entries.  This isn't even close to being a new topic here.)

Mork74

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 01:08:22 pm »
An answer from someone on questions on Amazon page. They clearly wrong and I have been corrected

DParker

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 01:47:27 pm »
An answer from someone on questions on Amazon page.

Link?

Mork74

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 01:57:14 pm »
id have to scroll through all peoples questions, but they clearly were wrong so case closed

Yoda_One

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 02:39:18 pm »
You are talking Apples and I am talking Oranges.
Sorry, I am just getting frustrated, you are not listening to the answers but you are very quick to dismiss the information. I might not understand because to me you are very confrontational.  I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt because it seems English is not your first language.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201810470

Not sure how you said they are wrong.
The instructions are step by step.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 02:51:15 pm by Yoda_One »

Mork74

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 02:47:19 pm »
sorry but the confrontation hasnt come from my side and my last post was agreeing with DPArker that the post i found elsewhere was clearly wrong

and yes i am also getting frustrated

Yoda_One

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 03:04:26 pm »
Hopefully you will venture over to the links that we gave you. I believe it will clear up some of the confusion.

Mork74

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 01:44:39 pm »
thanks again

i think the initial confusion is that echo didnt support adding to calendars when released but does now.
I also see that can tell Alexa to switch profiles but I have also seen some people have issues with adding to other peoples calendars or listening to others calendar entries.  some trouble distinguishing between etc

maybe this was just a minor bug or these people hadn't done correctly.

I will keep trying to research for the definitive answer

Yoda_One

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 10:13:34 am »
I commend you oń your due diligence but until you physically have the unit and through trial an error and find the sweet spots you assumptions are just conjecture.

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 06:01:14 pm »
thanks again

i think the initial confusion is that echo didnt support adding to calendars when released but does now.
I also see that can tell Alexa to switch profiles but I have also seen some people have issues with adding to other peoples calendars or listening to others calendar entries.  some trouble distinguishing between etc

maybe this was just a minor bug or these people hadn't done correctly.

I will keep trying to research for the definitive answer

until alexa can distinguish between users, that will be a problem.