Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa reminders

AntonG

Alexa reminders
« on: September 22, 2016, 02:34:20 pm »
Apparently Alexa cant do voice reminders right? like "take out that trash it's thursday"

I had an idea how to fix it. I've read that you can upload your own music to amazon and play it from the echo right.
So is it possible to set up alarms and instead of a alarm sound play a specific MP3 that I've uploaded?
If yes then I could do simon says: "take out that trash it's thursday" record Alexas voice upload it to amazon
set an alarm to play that mp3 and bang a reminder

So would that be possible?

I don't have the Echo yet so I cant try. 6 more days till it arrives :P

Thanks

DParker

Re: Alexa reminders
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 03:10:39 pm »
Apparently Alexa cant do voice reminders right? like "take out that trash it's thursday"

I had an idea how to fix it. I've read that you can upload your own music to amazon and play it from the echo right.
So is it possible to set up alarms and instead of a alarm sound play a specific MP3 that I've uploaded?
If yes then I could do simon says: "take out that trash it's thursday" record Alexas voice upload it to amazon
set an alarm to play that mp3 and bang a reminder

So would that be possible?

I don't have the Echo yet so I cant try. 6 more days till it arrives :P

Thanks

What you describe cannot be done.  But, no matter...as push notification functionality is reportedly coming to Alexa devices (http://mashable.com/2016/09/08/amazon-echo-push-notifications/#qNECHSHWZsqb).  When?  We don't know yet as there's been no official announcement from Amazon yet.  "Soon" is the best we have so far.