Offline kevb

Re: What would you like Echo to do?
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2016, 08:59:38 pm »
Remember what?

« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2016, 09:16:29 pm »
use the todo list  :-)

Sure...if I can remember....

if you cannot remember your todo list, what makes you think anything else will work...see the following  ;-P

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/memory/how-to-improve-your-memory.htm

DParker

« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2016, 12:26:58 am »
What was I talking about?

gcnes

« Reply #154 on: May 14, 2016, 12:38:40 am »
Hi,
I just wanted to pass on that I created a companion App for the Echo. A designed this app to help those with verbal and non-verbal disabilities use the Echo. I think it is a good fit for those with Autism or the hearing impaired. I would appreciate it if you could please pass this on to your group and allow me to post it as well. The App will allow you to search a command list database of over 450 commands. Also you can play the command in our play center which was designed for those with speaking disabilities. You are also able to save your favorite commands for quick access. We have quick tap buttons and resources for you to use. Use the link to take a look.

Commanding Echos by Nicholas Sawka

Monkeymail

« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2016, 12:45:30 am »
Have echo be able to identify songs that she is playing from any source. Like sound hound's song id...

DParker

« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2016, 12:01:08 pm »
Have echo be able to identify songs that she is playing from any source. Like sound hound's song id...

She does that when playing from Pandora, iHeart and your Amazon account...though that's due to those services providing that information to her.  She doesn't sample music for identification like SH does, so she can't tell you what's playing from a bluetooth source.

step42368

« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2016, 02:33:35 pm »
I would like to get NASCAR updates just like i can NFL or NBA for my teams

DParker

« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2016, 03:11:16 pm »

That's easy.

"They're turning left!"

;D

« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2016, 03:26:36 pm »

She does that when playing from Pandora, iHeart and your Amazon account...though that's due to those services providing that information to her.  She doesn't sample music for identification like SH does, so she can't tell you what's playing from a bluetooth source.

maybe someone needs to create sort of connection to the shazam app for identifying music from the bluetooth source. 

Yoda_One

« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2016, 03:34:40 pm »

That's easy.

"They're turning left!"

;D

Offline jwlv

« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2016, 04:11:37 pm »
I would like Echo to have a default volume.

Sometimes I like listening to music at a really high volume (9 or 10). When I'm done, I tell Alexa to stop and I forget to change the volume to a reasonable level.

Later, when I go to bed, I say Alexa, set alarm for 7 a.m. and she replies "ALARM SET FOR 7 AM TOMORROW" in the last volume level that I used, in this case it would have been volume 10.

What would be really nice is to have a default volume that I can set from the app. Let's say my default is volume level 4. If I'm playing really loud music in the afternoon (volume 10), and the Echo sits idle for, say 30 minutes, it should go back to the default volume of 4.

DParker

« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2016, 04:24:56 pm »
I would like Echo to have a default volume.

Sometimes I like listening to music at a really high volume (9 or 10). When I'm done, I tell Alexa to stop and I forget to change the volume to a reasonable level.

Later, when I go to bed, I say Alexa, set alarm for 7 a.m. and she replies "ALARM SET FOR 7 AM TOMORROW" in the last volume level that I used, in this case it would have been volume 10.

What would be really nice is to have a default volume that I can set from the app. Let's say my default is volume level 4. If I'm playing really loud music in the afternoon (volume 10), and the Echo sits idle for, say 30 minutes, it should go back to the default volume of 4.

Just be grateful that she doesn't go to 11.

NK7Z

« Reply #163 on: May 25, 2016, 08:11:48 pm »
I would like Echo to ID songs it hears!