Got my megaboot today!

DParker

Re: Got my megaboot today!
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 02:25:52 pm »
I am not crazy!  It said 12-14 hours in my email invoice:

Line Items:
  1x MegaBoot<br>12 to 14 Hours for $69.99 each

That was the preorder price as well.

Interesting.  Their website claims "up to 20 hours of battery life" for the MegaBoot, and "up to 14  hours of battery life" for the PowerBoot.  Since this was a preorder I assume you got it direct from the manufacturer.  Would that be a correct assumption?  If so I'd shoot them a quick e-mail asking what's up with the discrepancy.

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2016, 03:18:34 pm »
I am not crazy!  It said 12-14 hours in my email invoice:

Line Items:
  1x MegaBoot<br>12 to 14 Hours for $69.99 each

That was the preorder price as well.

Interesting.  Their website claims "up to 20 hours of battery life" for the MegaBoot, and "up to 14  hours of battery life" for the PowerBoot.  Since this was a preorder I assume you got it direct from the manufacturer.  Would that be a correct assumption?  If so I'd shoot them a quick e-mail asking what's up with the discrepancy.

I did get it directly from them.  I assume it is likely a typo since it is 20 hours everywhere else.

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2016, 04:03:35 pm »
Here was their reply:

The battery after further testing was lasting longer. If you box says MegaBoot you received the 3200 cell version. Follow the instructions carefully when attaching. Enjoy!

Battery Boot Team

vegasguy

Got my megaboot today!
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2016, 05:10:38 pm »
Or during market research it was determined that overstating a products capabilities produced much greater sales and highers profits. But I'm only joking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheFallenAngel

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2016, 10:38:26 am »
Or during market research it was determined that overstating a products capabilities produced much greater sales and highers profits. But I'm only joking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah wish it was a joke..

Cheers,
Alex

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2016, 12:32:02 pm »
Okay, yesterday I unplugged it from the wall at 4pm EST.  I played volume 8 music for ~15 - 20 minutes.  Maybe 5 or 6 news requests, ask for a couple jokes and turned on/off a couple home automation devices.  I t lost charge some time between 10 am and Noon giving it 20-22 hours with light use.

I will next play music at volume 6 or so and see what the duration is when I get a chance...

Scarpad

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2016, 01:39:36 pm »
at those prices arent you better off with a Dot or tap?

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2016, 02:01:26 pm »

Not for how I want to use it.

DParker

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2016, 02:34:07 pm »

• The Dot isn't battery-powered.
  • The Tap isn't hands-free.