Echo & Alexa Forums

Any way to skip next recurring alarm?

chucywang

Any way to skip next recurring alarm?
« on: May 18, 2016, 12:49:08 am »
I currently have a recurring alarm for 8:15am every Monday-Friday. However, on rare occasions, I need to wake up and leave before 8:15am. To do this I just set a one-time alarm by saying "Alexa, set alarm for 7:15am". This works well, but I also want to make sure that the 8:15am alarm does not go off that day as I won't be home to silence it. Is there a way to get Echo to skip the next recurring alarm? I would rather not completely delete the recurring alarm and have to remember to create it again when I get back home. If I forget, I might oversleep!

Vonda Z

Re: Any way to skip next recurring alarm?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 09:34:29 am »
I have not been able to find a way - but if there is one, I'd be interested as well. I have an alarm set to remind me it is time to pick up my son from school. However, sometimes I run to the store first and need to turn off the alarm so it doesn't drive the dogs crazy while I am gone. But when I do that, I sometimes forget to turn it back on again.

ScottinPollock

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 10:42:48 am »
Send feedback from the app if you want this. They listen!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 10:45:05 am by ScottinPollock »

additude

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 01:36:15 pm »
I am thinking that you can press the action button on top of the Echo to stop it and then press the action button again when you return home.

In case you might forget to press the action button again to enable Echo when you return home, set a reminder in your phone...

This is just a SWAG so I don't know if it is the answer or not, but worthy of a try.