Echo & Alexa Forums

Broadlink RM2

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
Re: Broadlink RM2
« Reply #195 on: March 09, 2018, 08:53:59 pm »
Hi,

May I ask some help,

I set up RM pligin, device works with it, when I connect Alexa than I got an OppS! message.
"Did not receive Alexa request induvidual device info.

Please make sure there s no security apps or settings preventing RMplugin from running serveres"

Do you have any hint how to fix.

Thank you,

I have galaxy tab S3 with it

Have you checked your router settings? RM plugin has a FAQ accessible with the app that lists reported issues with routers and their workarounds (if any).
Echo Dot @ SG

Siminhu

« Reply #196 on: March 10, 2018, 12:35:28 am »
I don't find anithing in FAQ, but i oppened all this ports to my Android device, still dosn't work :-(

Any idea why?

I solved the issue. If anyone has similar problems in the future (I am using the RM Pro):

These UDP ports need to be open:

I went into the option "port forwarding" on my browser interface. I also had to put in the IP address of the Android device I am using for RM plugin.

However, Alexa still failed to find the new devices when I gave the voice command. Using the app (Smart Home > Devices > Discover) was much more reliable.

Can anyone recommend an Android TV box or stick which works well with Alexa?

Siminhu

« Reply #197 on: March 10, 2018, 12:50:19 am »
Now I switched of the 5GHz and still the same...

I don't find anithing in FAQ, but i oppened all this ports to my Android device, still dosn't work :-(

Any idea why?

I solved the issue. If anyone has similar problems in the future (I am using the RM Pro):

These UDP ports need to be open:

I went into the option "port forwarding" on my browser interface. I also had to put in the IP address of the Android device I am using for RM plugin.

However, Alexa still failed to find the new devices when I gave the voice command. Using the app (Smart Home > Devices > Discover) was much more reliable.

Can anyone recommend an Android TV box or stick which works well with Alexa?

Offline tthoben

« Reply #198 on: March 10, 2018, 05:01:16 am »
It could be your rm pro issue. Please read the earlier posts for more info regarding the newer versions of rm pro not working with RM Plugin
Echo Dot @ SG

Siminhu

« Reply #199 on: March 11, 2018, 08:10:32 am »
Hi,

RM pruging works perfectly.

I had the issue, after the firmware change it workrs with RM plugin, the issue is between RM pluging and ALEXA.

PLS help me, if you can.

THX,

It could be your rm pro issue. Please read the earlier posts for more info regarding the newer versions of rm pro not working with RM Plugin

Offline tthoben

« Reply #200 on: March 11, 2018, 08:35:40 am »
Hi,

I had the issue, after the firmware change it workrs with RM plugin, the issue is between RM pluging and ALEXA.

PLS help me, if you can.

THX,

I PMed you the steps for Alexa bridge setup.
Echo Dot @ SG

Siminhu

« Reply #201 on: March 11, 2018, 04:43:05 pm »
Hi,

PLS help me, if you can.

THX,

Thank you for your support.

Hi,

I did all of the guide, Functions in RM plugin works, Alexa didn't find the rm plugin.

Echo
Mk908II android stick and Samsung s3 tab both tested
UPC connetbox and d-link router both tested.

I will restart the process, but I did it 4 times... in rm toubleshooter it stops in the last step.

Thank you

I PMed you the steps for Alexa bridge setup.

Offline tthoben

« Reply #202 on: March 11, 2018, 09:46:02 pm »
Thank you for your support.

Hi,

I did all of the guide, Functions in RM plugin works, Alexa didn't find the rm plugin.

Echo
Mk908II android stick and Samsung s3 tab both tested
UPC connetbox and d-link router both tested.

I will restart the process, but I did it 4 times... in rm toubleshooter it stops in the last step.

Thank you

I've replied your PM. If yours is a new echo device (echo 2 or echo plus), RM Plugin may not work based on user feedback so far.
Echo Dot @ SG