Echo & Alexa Forums

Broadlink RM2

rankad

Re: Broadlink RM2
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2017, 07:31:08 am »
version 2.02 does work!!

now all the codes are imported from the e-control app.

next problem, alexa doesn't recognize any of the devices  :-[ 

Glen M

« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2017, 08:29:55 am »
version 2.02 does work!!

It seems as though you are having the same issues as me. 

Please keep us informed of progress if you get this sorted and I will do likewise. 

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2017, 11:01:19 pm »
version 2.02 does work!!

Once the codes are imported, you should follow the steps in this post to reconfigure the Alexa devices on the bridge device itself:
http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,793.msg15679.html#msg15679
Echo Dot @ SG

Offline tthoben

« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2017, 11:17:17 pm »
I downloaded version 2.02 from a 3rd party source and this works but in doing so this version installs as a trial and will stop working in 7 days?  Is there any workaround for this?

You will have to purchase and install the latest version from Google play store then the 7days trial limit will disappear.
Echo Dot @ SG

Glen M

« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2017, 04:48:45 am »
I downloaded version 2.02 from a 3rd party source and this works but in doing so this version installs as a trial and will stop working in 7 days?  Is there any workaround for this?

You will have to purchase and install the latest version from Google play store then the 7days trial limit will disappear.

Yes I have done and FYI version 2.2.8 imports from E-Control fine when I tried it on my wifes HTC One 10.  Still doesn't work on my Samsung S7.

Regardless though I've now tired this app on my S7, my wifes HTC 10 and a generic older android tablet (running droid 4.4.2) and in all instances the Alexa discovery fails.  Next hurdle is the wifi router which is a Netgear (can't remember model number) uPNP is turned on in the router and being a consumer device there is little options with regards these settings.  I'll try to fix all IP addresses but I don't believe that will fix the problem.  Only other thing I can try is another router. 

Offline tthoben

« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2017, 10:32:11 am »
Regardless though I've now tired this app on my S7, my wifes HTC 10 and a generic older android tablet (running droid 4.4.2) and in all instances the Alexa discovery fails.  Next hurdle is the wifi router which is a Netgear (can't remember model number) uPNP is turned on in the router and being a consumer device there is little options with regards these settings.  I'll try to fix all IP addresses but I don't believe that will fix the problem.  Only other thing I can try is another router.

Setting static IPs should be the first step in any case

Since u managed to import the codes to your wife's RM app, you can use the same app to share the codes with your tablet (assume that's your permanent bridge device) and then reconfigure the Alexa devices on the tablet with the steps in my previous thread
Echo Dot @ SG

Glen M

« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2017, 08:27:02 am »
I set static ip addresses to the tablet, echo and the broadlink with no difference.  Echo still cannot see the devices.

Don't even knowing it's worth the hassle of trying another router.  It might just be that the  newer echo doesn't support it. 

Offline tthoben

« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2017, 11:09:07 am »
I set static ip addresses to the tablet, echo and the broadlink with no difference.  Echo still cannot see the devices.

Don't even knowing it's worth the hassle of trying another router.  It might just be that the  newer echo doesn't support it.

you did not mention if you have followed the step by step guide and did you test if the imported codes work?

we need users to feedback if anyone managed to get the newer versions of echo devices to work with RM plugin and how they did it and with what routers and bridge devices.

do note that there are youtube videos explaining the whole process and you may wish to watch them to see if there's any steps which you missed out along the way ;)
Echo Dot @ SG

OldX10er

« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2017, 01:00:53 pm »
It looks like you are trying to get Alexa to see devices created in e-control.  It is my understanding that only the IHC app will let you use Alexa with the Broadlink hubs.  You may need to provide a few more details.  I've had some success and some failures with Broadlink RM Pro, e-control, IHC and Alexa.  With regard to your specific situation, I can create remote controllers in IHC, turn on the Broadlink skill in the Alexa App and the App will find the IHC remote controllers and add them to the Alexa app device tab.  However, I can't get the next step of using Alexa voice commands to work.  I get the dreaded "Sorry, Sony TV isn't responding" and nothing gets sent to the Broadlink RM Pro.  I've started a support session with Amazon and they've elevated it to the next tier but I'm still waiting to hear back.  There is a much more involved method using RM Bridge and Smartthings to control a variety of devices with the Broadlink RM Pro that I've implemented but I'd really like to get the IHC method working.

Offline tthoben

« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2017, 07:40:19 pm »
It looks like you are trying to get Alexa to see devices created in e-control.  It is my understanding that only the IHC app will let you use Alexa with the Broadlink hubs.

using RM Plugin to import codes from e-Control pre-dates the IHC app which was launched later. It acts like the Hue bridge & "fools" Alexa into thinking that the smart devices are all Hue lights.

IHC integration is through Alexa Skills but it's reportedly unstable (sometimes works & sometimes doesn't) as well as being geofenced in US at the moment.
Echo Dot @ SG

Offline tthoben

« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2017, 07:50:32 pm »
There is a much more involved method using RM Bridge and Smartthings to control a variety of devices with the Broadlink RM Pro that I've implemented but I'd really like to get the IHC method working.

Kudos to you for even trying the RM Bridge & Smartthings method. I tried but gave up halfway as it was too complicated for me as a lay person without coding nor programming skills

RM plugin works and has been rock stable for my setup for more than a year even through several equipment changes (I changed my bridge device, router, added smart devices etc. & everything still works)

I've seen several posts by others regarding issues with IHC app, you could seek their advice as well
Echo Dot @ SG

Glen M

« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2017, 05:38:52 pm »
Well it's now all working 100% but not with RM plugin but rather the free app RM bridge. 

No matter what I did, and I followed the YouTube videos to the letter, RM plugin is broken.  For those that can use it I'm glad for you as RM Bridge is difficult to setup but it does work. 

It uses the RM Bridge app which is configured online which then links to the smart things website which is controlled through an alexa skill.  This essentially tricks alexa into thinking everything is a switch. 

If allowed I'll gladly link the setup procedures.

Offline tthoben

« Reply #177 on: January 08, 2018, 11:21:19 pm »
Just a note to inform that the developer of RM Plugin has just released a new version which fixes the eControl import bug:

2.3.2:
Fixed import from eControl bug
Quick Settings Tile for Android 7.0 Nougat
Echo Dot @ SG

rankad

« Reply #178 on: January 16, 2018, 05:52:48 am »
Just a note to inform that the developer of RM Plugin has just released a new version which fixes the eControl import bug:

2.3.2:
Fixed import from eControl bug
Quick Settings Tile for Android 7.0 Nougat

yeah, now i can import the codes but i still cant find out why alexa cant find devices, it seems that there is a problem
with the bridge.

Offline tthoben

« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2018, 08:29:34 am »
yeah, now i can import the codes but i still cant find out why alexa cant find devices, it seems that there is a problem
with the bridge.

Refer to the step by step guide posted a few pages back on the steps to configure the Alexa devices after importing of codes from eControl to RM Plugin.
Echo Dot @ SG