Echo & Alexa Forums

Broadlink RM2

gsuemnic

Re: Broadlink RM2
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2017, 12:44:52 pm »
The IHC app is not that bad, but what do I need to 'say' to Alexia for the up/down arrows, play,ok exit , etc. ? I assumed the button 'label' I see in the app, but not in all cases. For example the  mute button label is 'silent', but saying mute works.

Using the Alexia 'group' feature to power on the TV and cable box is a great 'scene' work around.

l m m

« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2017, 04:35:40 pm »
The IHC app is not that bad, but what do I need to 'say' to Alexia for the up/down arrows, play,ok exit , etc. ? I assumed the button 'label' I see in the app, but not in all cases. For example the  mute button label is 'silent', but saying mute works.

Using the Alexia 'group' feature to power on the TV and cable box is a great 'scene' work around.

It sounds like you have got the IHC app partly working with Alexa. Would you mind advising what country you are in, as I've not had any success here in the UK and I emailed Broadlinks support team who responded with this
There is no plan to work with the Alexa on TV control in USA, not support to work in the other areas, and there is no plan to work with it, thanks!
So it sounds like they won't be working on TV control via Alexa. Damn

MacNee

« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2017, 06:00:16 pm »
thats not good news. it makes little sense as people will buy products that do support alexa instead without the need to use the likes of RM plugin.

gsuemnic

« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2017, 08:07:08 am »

[/quote]

USA.  It word be nice if the IHC developer would answer questions.  I would think that thousands of  rm pro devices would sell. The device and app are very flexible and work most times.

« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2017, 08:17:18 am »
Since the developer works for Broadlink it may be best to direct questions to them, not the app developer.
Broadlink has two official apps IHC and eControl. I'm not sure if the same developer works on both but you could try that developers contact info as well. ;)

l m m

« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2017, 04:04:33 pm »
The response I posted the other day was from Broadlink support. I asked them when we can expect the Broadlink Alexa Skill to be made available in the UK, as this is needed to make the IHC app work in Alexa.
Such a shame they have given a negative response as their RM Pro device potentially could control most of your devices for home automation. The future does include the Amazon devices and the like, so they would turn people off buying their device.
Think I may try one last time switching my Echo location to USA and see if I can get the Alexa skill and the IHC app to work.

MacNee

« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2017, 04:26:44 pm »
Think I may try one last time switching my Echo location to USA and see if I can get the Alexa skill and the IHC app to work.

i got it working ok but changed it back as i wanted the amazon music. if it supported RF and IR i might have kept it but ive got TC2 light switches

ma420k

« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2017, 02:07:34 pm »
Hi guys, i stumbled onto this forum after successfully setting up my 2 echo dots, broadlink rm 2 pro, broadlink tc2 light switches. I'm using a cheap android TV box (MXQ pro 4k) running the rm tasker app as the alexa bridge.

It took me almost 3 weeks to iron out all the issues and now everything's running smoothly.

I can't proclaim to be an expert but I'll try to assist if anyone is intending to run a similar home automation setup  ;)

Hi All..

I have tried to install the Broadlink RM Plugin on as  bridge on my MXQ Pro 4K Android Box. I managed to import all codes and Alexa devices in it but the problem is Alexa cant discover my devices while trying to run the discovery. Everything works well if I try it on my spare mobile phone. Is there any setup I need to do?

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2017, 02:51:44 pm »
Hi All..

I have tried to install the Broadlink RM Plugin on as  bridge on my MXQ Pro 4K Android Box. I managed to import all codes and Alexa devices in it but the problem is Alexa cant discover my devices while trying to run the discovery. Everything works well if I try it on my spare mobile phone. Is there any setup I need to do?

check your PM inbox, I've answered your query  ;)
Echo Dot @ SG

geekyxpert

« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2017, 01:46:00 pm »
Hello @tthoben ,
I've been struggling for a week in setting up the rm pro with alexa  and while searching the web for a solution i came across your post, i installed RM plugin and added my devices from econtrol app and when i test the signal it works normally from the RM plug in.
Then i tried to discover my devices in alexa up after enabling alexa bridge but unfortunately i can't find any devices .
Your help is highly appreciated

best regards

« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2017, 03:45:42 pm »
I also had issues with Alexa discovering devices using the RM plugin.
I watched this video for the setup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJIhEyMQ0TI&t=739s
I re-watched the video after Alexa couldn't discover devices and immediately saw my mistake.
So My recommendation is watch the video a couple of times and then again afterwards if you have a issue

Offline tthoben

« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2017, 10:50:43 am »
I also had issues with Alexa discovering devices using the RM plugin.
I watched this video for the setup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJIhEyMQ0TI&t=739s
I re-watched the video after Alexa couldn't discover devices and immediately saw my mistake.
So My recommendation is watch the video a couple of times and then again afterwards if you have a issue

Nice video which captures the essence of how to use the RM Tasker app (now called Broadlink RM plugin)

so maybe you should share what mistake u made?
Echo Dot @ SG

Offline tthoben

« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2017, 11:01:06 am »
Hello @tthoben ,
I've been struggling for a week in setting up the rm pro with alexa  and while searching the web for a solution i came across your post, i installed RM plugin and added my devices from econtrol app and when i test the signal it works normally from the RM plug in.
Then i tried to discover my devices in alexa up after enabling alexa bridge but unfortunately i can't find any devices .

best regards

Hi I've answered your query too  ;D

Without getting too complicated, you have to understand that the importing of data from eControl app to RM Tasker is essentially the codes. It will only work if the Alexa device is set-up in RM Tasker and using the imported codes.

The learning of codes can also be done within the RM Tasker app while setting-up the Alexa device
Echo Dot @ SG

« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2017, 01:37:10 pm »
Nice video which captures the essence of how to use the RM Tasker app (now called Broadlink RM plugin)

so maybe you should share what mistake u made?
It was so long ago I initially set it up I had forgotten the step I missed.
If I could have remembered exactly the step I missed I would have stated it.
However I re-watched and believe it was the share to network area where I messed up.
But I could be wrong :-[ ;)

geekyxpert

« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2017, 06:09:58 am »
Hello @tthoben ,

best regards

Hi I've answered your query too  ;D

Without getting too complicated, you have to understand that the importing of data from eControl app to RM Tasker is essentially the codes. It will only work if the Alexa device is set-up in RM Tasker and using the imported codes.

The learning of codes can also be done within the RM Tasker app while setting-up the Alexa device

@tthoben
I would like to thank you for your help and support , the step by step guide you sent me helped me a lot and now everything is working flawlessly without any problem at all.

thank you again and again

best regards