Echo & Alexa Forums

Broadlink RM2

Osufly69

Re: Broadlink RM2
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2017, 08:13:46 pm »
So I have gotten the RM Bridge icon to stay green.  This took putting my Android device on a static IP.  Does the static IP for my Android bridge need to be the same for the Broadlink RM Pro or do I need to open the port on my router that the RM Bridge is reporting? 

This is all new to me so THANK YOU for your patience and understanding.

Osufly69

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2017, 08:36:02 pm »
So I opened the port on my router that was shown on RM Bridge.  I opened the port to the static IP of my Android bridge.  Is this correct?  So now the RM Bridge app goes to a green circle but when I go to load devices....There is a very quick swirl on the top left and then nothing. 

What are the next steps????

inconnu_homme

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2017, 11:29:18 pm »
So I opened the port on my router that was shown on RM Bridge.  I opened the port to the static IP of my Android bridge.  Is this correct?  So now the RM Bridge app goes to a green circle but when I go to load devices....There is a very quick swirl on the top left and then nothing. 

Not sure what you mean by "load devices".  What app are you seeing the swirl?

Also, not sure what instructions you are using, but since you have a SmartThings hub, you should be using this one: https://github.com/beckyricha/Broadlink-RM-SmartThings-Alexa/blob/master/RM%20Bridge%20LAN%20Readme.md
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:40:46 pm by inconnu_homme »

NewDots

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2017, 04:04:35 pm »
Just follow the directions.  The only thing missing from them is setting up a "Location", which you would use instead of a hub.  I mentioned how to create a Location few posts above.  If you are not going to get a physical hub, then I would try RM Tasker first.  This will save you from having to deal with dynamic DNS.

I finally got a chance to setup all the devices last night and they all work beyond my expectation (better response and range than my remote).  Thank you very much for your help.
I'm hoping I can improve on this a bit more.  I have an IR remote to control the blinds in the bathroom.  Currently, I'm using Alexa to turn on blinds up and turn on blinds down.  Is there a way to configure the setup so that Alexa can understand up/down ie. Alexa, set blinds up?

NewDots

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2017, 07:31:32 pm »

I wonder if you mean load devices on this page http://rm-bridge.fun2code.de/rm_manage/code_learning.html
Once you entered you lan address on that page, load devices should detect your broadlink and display it on step two. Just need to scroll down and see if the little blue dropdown box has your broadlink device.  BTW, this is for RM1/2 devices. If you got a RM mini 3 (IR only) then you need to do the workaround in RM bridge app's description http://goo.gl/NLKxnW. Hope this will get you to the next step in instruction!

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2017, 03:59:52 am »
Hi guys, i stumbled onto this forum after successfully setting up my 2 echo dots, broadlink rm 2 pro, broadlink tc2 light switches. I'm using a cheap android TV box (MXQ pro 4k) running the rm tasker app as the alexa bridge.

It took me almost 3 weeks to iron out all the issues and now everything's running smoothly.

I can't proclaim to be an expert but I'll try to assist if anyone is intending to run a similar home automation setup  ;)
Echo Dot @ SG

Offline tthoben

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2017, 04:13:02 am »
I tried becky's rm bridge but got stuck at the learning devices part. In my opinion, rm tasker is more convenient if your setup involves the rm pro and tc2 light switches as the controls can be imported from broadlink's e-control app into rm tasker right in the app itself.

The current version of rm tasker in play store is 1.6.8. It's stable and I've had it running for almost a week without problems and alexa was able to find the devices without re-discovering.

Also, the app developer changed his codes such that devices appear as philips hue lights and there's no longer a limit of 25 devices.

Just to clarify, I've set my android TV box never to go to sleep.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 04:31:49 am by tthoben »
Echo Dot @ SG

Beckyricha

« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2017, 09:51:28 pm »
Several people have reported this issue lately and resolved it by updating the broadlink firmware. I'm not certain but it may be only a version of firmware that ends in 24. Versions ending in 22 and 25 I've confirmed working. There is also a forum on my projects pages or you could pull issues in GitHub if you're more in that mode. Thanks for the pointer on the location in the instructions too. That wasn't always required but i had that trouble earlier today as well.

The new forum and other discussions are now at htyp://beckyricha.github.io

- Becky

gsuemnic

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2017, 02:12:20 pm »
The Alexa Bridge is working fine. Once you have created your codes, you enable the alexa bridge, create a 'device' and define what virtual button press you want to action when the 'device' is triggered (you define what button you want to send when you command it to on/off). Once you have your devices all set, you do a discover devices on your echo, and your device appears on your alexa app. (they appear as wemo devices as far as alexa is concerned). You can command them on or off subsequently, and the RM2 will dutifully turn on or off any infrared or rf device you have configured.

I'm getting the impression the Alexia can only handle on/off ?  I'm looking for things like  TV Volume /Up/Down, Mute TV, etc  ??  Am I expecting too much ?

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2017, 01:51:06 pm »
Several people have reported this issue lately and resolved it by updating the broadlink firmware. I'm not certain but it may be only a version of firmware that ends in 24.
I have the issue and have firmware ending in 24
Do you have a link to the newer firmware? The app isn't locating it.

« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2017, 09:47:53 am »
I contacted ibroadlink support about updating the firmware this was their reply:
Dear Customer
You can forget that message. Firmware update is not a sign of improving or more function.  We don't suggest customer do the firmware update usually.
Really! ??? :o
Why bother creating firmware upgrades or having the option to update at all then? Obviously this person didn't understand!
I followed up stating I had a issue and if there was not a update then could they send me a link to a older version.
They followed up with a link which was to be for 20026 thought it comes up as being 20025 once done.
At least the learn function now appears to work from
http://rm-bridge.fun2code.de/rm_manage/code_learning.html
Before it didn't even see my broadlink  ;)

russw

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2017, 07:14:34 pm »
found this youtube video today that talked about Tasker and the RM2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJIhEyMQ0TI

Offline tthoben

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2017, 08:41:38 am »
I'm getting the impression the Alexia can only handle on/off ?  I'm looking for things like  TV Volume /Up/Down, Mute TV, etc  ??  Am I expecting too much ?

Yes the learning function of RM2 pro will allow u to do that. u can then assign a code to that.
Echo Dot @ SG

crowland

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2017, 07:32:17 pm »
Has any one linked RM plugin with autovoice ?

MasterOfArts

« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2017, 06:55:21 pm »
Hello,

To anyone thats device was falling asleep I can confirm I am also using a cheap android box with the latest plugin versions and mine has been runing for a month with no reboots or anything.

I wouldnt recommend using a tablet or phone for safety alone as they would be constantly charging. Stick to an android box with the required android versions, they burn very little power and cost about £20.

I dont have a static IP but I do DHCP reservation in my router.

They are all connected on wireless 2.4g also.

I am also happy to help anyone out.

MOA.