Echo & Alexa Forums

Tonbux Smart Surge Protector with Alexa

filly_05

Tonbux Smart Surge Protector with Alexa
« on: March 12, 2018, 10:38:09 pm »
The surge protector is connected to my wifi and through my Alexa app. I've renamed the outlets and when I ask Alexa to turn on a specific outlet, such as the one for my TV, the TV indicator light blinks as if it's trying to turn on but it does not actually turn on. It's a Roku TV, I'm not sure if that would have something to do with it? Same as with my Sony Soundbar. All the lights turn on as if the soundbar is turning on then after about 5 seconds it all shuts off. However I can still operate both the TV and the soundbar with their own remotes as long as the tonbux outlets are turned on. The listing on Amazon and subs of the reviews for this surge protector lead you to believe it should work with the tv and soundbar as well. Any ideas how to get this to work?

Offline kevb

Re: Tonbux Smart Surge Protector with Alexa
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 07:56:18 am »
I don't think it will work the way you want. The surge protector is just supplying power to those devices, like plugging them in and unplugging. That won't make them turn on.

Re: Tonbux Smart Surge Protector with Alexa
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 01:24:05 pm »
If you unplug your TV and or sound bar when they're on then plug them back in do they come back on?
If not they will not work the way you wish since turning off the outlet is the same as unplugging the device.