Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Bridging Two Echoes - Unique Situation?

huntrm

Bridging Two Echoes - Unique Situation?
« on: April 09, 2016, 05:18:52 pm »
Just received my Echo Dot, and enjoying it immensely.  It sits in our bedroom connected to an AUX input for a whole home audio system.  We can enjoy the Echo's music throughout all the rooms in the house, which is great.  However to control it, we have two options:  Buy the remote and have that handy or go into the bedroom and tell it what to do (e.g., next track).

Is there any knowledge or any ideas if in the future we can bridge our Echos where one would be primary and then the other would be secondary, sending commands to the primary one.  So for instance, we're in the kitchen listening to music powered by the Echo Dot in the bedroom.  If we were to say, "Alexa, next track" the Echo in the kitchen would pass that command to the one in the bedroom.

Thanks.

DParker

Re: Bridging Two Echoes - Unique Situation?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 05:49:46 pm »
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your perspective) audio streaming is managed on a discreet per-device basis, so there's no practical way to do that.

huntrm

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 09:38:38 am »
With the new V2 Echo that was announced, I can't help asking my original question above and if anyone has read or heard if this is possible?

I'd purchase a V2 Dot (or maybe 2-3 if they could be linked) right now.

vegasguy

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 09:42:04 am »
Well it could be in the works. The V2 dots are aware of other nearby dots so in theory what you are seeking could be possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntrm

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 09:43:30 am »
Does Amazon's product managers ever chime in on thread on this board?  Curious if they would ever respond....

Yoda_One

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 10:38:21 am »
This is a forum for users helping users, if you want Amazon's help go to their official site. Oh BTW :chill:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:39:55 am by Yoda_One »

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 03:58:14 pm »
With the new V2 Echo that was announced, I can't help asking my original question above and if anyone has read or heard if this is possible?

I'd purchase a V2 Dot (or maybe 2-3 if they could be linked) right now.

I do not think it will be possible, even with the new.  maybe when the sonos is updated with alexa it will be.  but only with their speakers. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 09:19:38 pm »
Does Amazon's product managers ever chime in on thread on this board?  Curious if they would ever respond....

There are some Amazon employees (mostly from tech support) that frequent this forum. And there's also one top level executive that came here a while back. But I haven't seen him in this forum in many months. But that doesn't mean they aren't reading the forums as guest users.