Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Bedtime Stories

Bedtime Stories
« on: September 14, 2016, 09:24:49 am »
How do I get my Echo/Dot to read a e-book or audible book?  I have Prime, are there "free" audible books that come with that like the music?  I can't seem to find it if there is.  Do I simply ask her to read a Prime or purchased on Amazon e-book?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:26:52 am by saturnkk »

Yoda_One

Re: Bedtime Stories
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 10:46:26 am »
Start your Alexa App it is the first thing you will see.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 10:59:25 am »
Thanks, I feel stupid as I spent all the time looking in my Prime account!

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 11:06:24 am »
Couple more questions, if I buy an audio book on amazon is it automatically referencable by Echo?  When playing an audio book on Echo, how difficult is it to pause and them start playback again a wekk or 2 later from the same point?

Yoda_One

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 11:33:09 am »
It will pause by saying pause, I am not sure how long it will be held but I was listening to one of my audible on a tablet a time ago and ask Alexa to play that same story and it started where it left off. I am not sure if this is normal but it would make sense because it is in Amazon's Cloud.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:34:52 am by Yoda_One »

TheFallenAngel

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 11:48:01 am »
It will pause by saying pause, I am not sure how long it will be held but I was listening to one of my audible on a tablet a time ago and ask Alexa to play that same story and it started where it left off. I am not sure if this is normal but it would make sense because it is in Amazon's Cloud.
Yes,  Whispersynch takes care of that..

Cheers,
Alex