Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo audio stops...must cycle power

iMav

Echo audio stops...must cycle power
« on: September 05, 2016, 12:22:43 pm »
A few months ago, my Echo started going mute.  It recognizes voice commands and volume up/down commands (as well as remote)...but the sound is just absent.  I have to cycle power...then it works for a few days, and then I have to cycle power again.

This has been happening consistently for two months now. (I've even done a few, full resets)

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

DParker

Re: Echo audio stops...must cycle power
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 12:28:04 pm »
I've never had that happen, nor have I heard of it before.  Have you contacted Amazon support?

Yoda_One

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 01:27:29 pm »
A few months ago, my Echo started going mute.  It recognizes voice commands and volume up/down commands (as well as remote)...but the sound is just absent.  I have to cycle power...then it works for a few days, and then I have to cycle power again.

This has been happening consistently for two months now. (I've even done a few, full resets)

Anyone else seeing this behavior?
This is off the cuff but have you added a Skill which might affect the default volume level?

iMav

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 03:17:27 pm »
This is off the cuff but have you added a Skill which might affect the default volume level?
Nope.  The sound is just non-functional.  (and I don't really have much linked to the device)

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 01:43:42 am »
Call 'em!

From an Amazon email: “You can reach Amazon Echo Customer Support by phone directly and toll-free at 1-877-375-9365. We're available from 3 a.m. to 10 p.m. Pacific time, seven days a week.”

Ram

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 01:51:35 am »
Did this ever get resolved?