Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Alexa for Android 4.1.2

ahmadkibirige

Amazon Alexa for Android 4.1.2
« on: August 30, 2016, 07:17:48 pm »
Does anyone know how i can work with Alexa on a smart phone with android 4.1.2?

Yoda_One

Re: Amazon Alexa for Android 4.1.2
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:25:31 pm »
Download the Amazon Alexa App

With the free Alexa app, you can easily manage your alarms, music, shopping lists, and more.

Note: The Alexa app is only available for download from U.S. app stores.

Compatibility

The Alexa app is available on mobile devices with:

Fire OS 2.0 or higher*
Android 4.4 or higher
iOS 7.0 or higher
You can also go to http://alexa.amazon.com from Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer (10 or higher) on your Wi-Fi enabled computer.

*Not supported: Kindle Fire (1st Generation) and Kindle Fire (2nd Generation)

Yoda_One

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 08:30:21 pm »
Now this is what I would do. Borrow an Android device with 4.4 or higher do the setup or use a Windows base desktop/ Laptop/ Chromebooks etc.

Yoda_One

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 07:47:17 am »
Are you connected?     Once you have it working then you have two commands that are very helpful..
Bluetooth Off... Disconnect active Bluetooth
Activate Bluetooth.... Reconnects paired device
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:48:49 am by Yoda_One »

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 04:21:23 pm »
Does anyone know how i can work with Alexa on a smart phone with android 4.1.2?

yes it will work with android 4.1.2.  I am running it on the original galaxy note 10.1 tablet which has 4.1.2 installed on it.  One other thing to note, you can also run alexa in your browser, whether it is on the phone, tablet or computer without installing the app.  so you can alway access it that way if for some reason it does not work. 

Yoda_One

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 06:31:44 pm »
You can run in the browser on an Android as long as you request desktop, otherwise it will stop, requiring to download Android app.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:43:44 pm by Yoda_One »

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 09:11:40 pm »
Need to update my reply.  I was running Alexa on my first generation Note 10.1 using android 4.1.2,  BUT, I just found out I was running an older version of Alexa.  It never updated to the newest version because it was not compatible. 

I just reset the tablet and found this out the hard way...I wish google play would allow installs of older versions of apps so you can run it on older tablets that are not compatible with the newest os.   There is a whole mess of apps I had that will no longer work.  Good thing I am planning to get a new tablet soon. 

anyway, as previously mentioned, you can still access using the browser in desktop mode.