Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Alexa command to tp-link Smart Plug HS100

Alexa command to tp-link Smart Plug HS100
« on: August 24, 2016, 12:37:13 pm »
The tp-link smart plug used to work with Alexa, but has now stopped.
The kaza app control and setup still works fine . (ON/OFF, schedule, etc).
Named the smart-plug "Living Room".
I disabled and reinstalled/setup the Alexa Skill, which shows the Kaza connection as valid.
When I say "Alexa turn on living room", she responds with "OK", but nothing happens. This worked i n the past.
As mentioned above, the Kaza app on the phone works fine, and I can also see that plug, phone, and echo are all connected to the same router.
Any Ideas?

Re: Alexa command to tp-link Smart Plug HS100
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 01:52:52 pm »
You used the term "Alexa Skill".  Are you using an actual user-written "skill" to control your TP-Link device, or are you using Alexa's built-in TP-Link integration?

Re: Alexa command to tp-link Smart Plug HS100
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 03:35:49 pm »
Hopefully it was just a 'glitch'.  I use it to control an outdoor fountain in front of my house.  I usually turn it off when we go to bed.  Last night I gave the command and she responded with 'OK' as usual but it was still running this morning when I got up.  I just checked it now and it shuts on and off as usual.  Check yours again.